Merits Limits

abofox

Merits Limits

Post by abofox » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:47 am

I try to put 10 raises over maximum MP and some attributes but its failed to add any after 10 levels, are there any settings somewhere that i missed? the Max MP capped in the category combo says its 75, with each raise equals 10 mp, i should be getting extra 750mp right? but it stops after +100mp

Same to other attributes, any ideas?

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Merits Limits

Post by whasf » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 am

I think those are hard coded into the client. Have you tried changing them and then doing tests to see if it's true on the server, just the client isn't showing it?
-- Whasf

abofox

Post by abofox » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 pm

yes i tried putting those into the db too, the limits were different but still not working as intended.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:09 am

whasf wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 am
I think those are hard coded into the client. Have you tried changing them and then doing tests to see if it's true on the server, just the client isn't showing it?
category and per selection caps are hard coded but the amount of a stat per increase can be modified. so I can make str go up by 3's if I want, but the in game helptext won't say 3.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

arashikage

Post by arashikage » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Which files does one alter to change those stat values?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:43 pm

"value" column in the sql table. make the changes while the server is not running. either edit live or re-import the table. thats how much each upgrade gives you. the in game text will not reflect the changes, but you get the stats.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS