Player Online but Not in Sessions or Search

evenmonkeys

Player Online but Not in Sessions or Search

Post by evenmonkeys » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:10 pm

This is rather confusing. Once in awhile, I see the Game-Server scrolling through text every five seconds showing random parsing. I run a "/sea all" and I don't see the player online. I look at the account_sessions table and I don't see the player online. I go to the location of the player and they're running around playing. First of all.. how are they playing without a session? Second.. what can I do to clean up the parsing? Is there a way to kick players who aren't in the session table? Or reset a zone.. or something?

I believe it's happening because these players are playing more than 1 account at a time.

Thanks.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Player Online but Not in Sessions or Search

Post by kjLotus » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:28 pm

wish i knew how people played without sessions

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:54 am

I see it happen all the time when my nephew plays on my server at the same time as me, and uses the same router I'm on. People who multi box will also trip it. Those are the only times I've ever seen it on any server I've played on.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:22 pm

It's a bug that has been around for a while now. It is still unknown as to why it happens.

evenmonkeys

Post by evenmonkeys » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:24 pm

That's really weird. I guess if there's no way around it, there's not much we can do. I guess I'm just more shocked that the server allows them to be on without an entry in the session table. :p

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:34 pm

Because the player data is stored internally, the database table is more of a secondary place. If they don't have a line in the session table then they can still kinda play, but some stuff won't work right.

I haven't seen this bug in a while though, it happened more often in the earlier days of the project.
-- Whasf

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:06 pm

It's more of something the game server should be checking each time the player is requested to load. Such as on zone etc.
If no session exists, the player should be getting disconnected as a safety measure.