is there a program or way to reboot gameserver automaticly?

mvd1987

is there a program or way to reboot gameserver automaticly?

Post by mvd1987 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:47 pm

is there a way so my com can reboot the gameserver automaticly??

i heard the ifrit server had this but he didnt wanna share it (thats his choise i respect that)

so now i wanna know is there a program or way to reboot the game server when it goes down??

for when im at work or when im a sleep.

hope that 1 of the developers (or members) know what i mean and can tell me how to get that for my server.

its only the gameserver that goes down so only need some way to reboot that automaticly.

please try to explain exactly how i can do this if it isnt a program.

thanx already greetings michael
Owner/GMLeader mvd1987/michaelvandun Fantasy World International Server

biboy

Re: is there a program or way to reboot gameserver automati

Post by biboy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:35 pm

hi,

I have made a batch file for mine, it loads the batch file when I turn my desktop on.

First you will have to set your computer to: restart in case of power failure. This is because if you are away and there's a power failure, this setting will start your computer when the power goes back on. (It's in the BIOS)

next you will have to put the batch file in Programs/startup/ folder. see example if you need help.

this is my batch file, you can copy this into a notepad to make one for your server. This batch file have to be in the same directory (folder) DSConnect-server , DSGame-server and DSSearch-server are located.

to make the batch file:
copy the following to a notepad

@echo off
echo.
start DSConnect-server
TIMEOUT 7
echo.
start DSGame-server
TIMEOUT 60
echo.
start DSSearch-server
TIMEOUT 3
echo.
exit.

then name it Darkstar.bat instead of .txt and save it in your sever folder (if it isn't already).

to test the batch file: double click it to launch your servers. if your server loads, you did good, if not, check the Things to Check.

to auto start this batch file, first, right click it and create a short cut.
cut and paste the short cut into your startup folder.
to find the stratup folder, 1st, I'm using Win 7 and should be similar if you're using different OS;
On your Desktop, click Start>All Programs>Startup
Right click Startup and click open.
Paste your DarkStar.bat - shortcut in there.

That should be it.

Restart your computer if you want to test if the servers will load after boot up.

Things to check:
make sure MySQL auto start during computer startup
you can edit the TIMEOUT value (sec) to suit your system spec or server load. it takes about 30 seconds for mine even in Solid State Drive in AMD 1090T 8G ram. if you configure MySQL for high end systems, Your load times will shorten.

If you have a public server:
Check that you are connecting online automatically.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:10 pm

You might have some interest in the Windows Task Scheduler, if you feel a need to restart your server every 24 hours. It shouldn't need it, and anything with a spawn time of > 24 hours will never pop in that situation.

mvd1987

Post by mvd1987 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:10 pm

no i already got a good program for it now :)

but thanx on the thinking with me.

greetings michael

codiddle

Post by codiddle » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:54 pm

oh, I just started posting a similar set of batch files in the developing/tools section. except the one i pieced together works a little differently. yours is more... organized and together. i had 4 separate batch files to boot up MySQL, each exe client, and ffxi-boot. I can't complain though, it does the job, it's just not as polished as yours XD Mine does boot up mysql, except it won't work unless there's a standalone console of mysql installed in the same directly as the batch file. i was going to post it (and still may) however, mysql doesn't like being portable and i get some errors on occasion when moving the standalone client around. anyone know a fix for this? it gets to the point where it can't find the data->errormsg, the file is there, so idk where to change how mysql looks for that.

altalus

Post by altalus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:48 pm

I suppose someone could make a simple .net program to check the status of the server and restart it as necessary.

I'll check if I have some time during the christmas weeks since we receives less calls during that time.

Amant

Post by Amant » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:20 pm

@mvd1987

Well, you did ask me about it, and I told you the instance was running under Ubuntu Server + Wine with a shell script.
You didn't seem to understand what a shell script was lol... Here it is anyways ^^

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
while ( true )
do
sleep 15
wineconsole DSGame-server.exe
sleep 15
done

mvd1987

Post by mvd1987 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:02 am

nope you did send me a pm back back but you deleted it before it could read it.
it said deleted by author.

so maybe you changed your mind haha that np.

but i got a bether program now so thats oke.

but thanx on the reply