Be ready for update tomarrow

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
dlsmd

Be ready for update tomarrow

Post by dlsmd » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:39 am

i thought i let you know that a major update is coming tomorrow with the new expansion SoA (SEEKERS OF ADOULIN)

Eliseus

Re: Be ready for update tomarrow

Post by Eliseus » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:51 pm

You mean, no one update till tomorrows update can be worked on and all the kinks ironed out?

dlsmd

Post by dlsmd » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 pm

i was posting this as a place holder so people who do not use the retail version know that an update is coming tomorrow

but
if you long in to retail ffxi you will be forced to update(i think you know that) the server will get updated at 3am pdt
and DSP might not work

joshr45

Post by joshr45 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:52 pm

sigh what a time to have a computer issue and have to re-install FFXI, updating currently.... i guess ill find out whats broken or if it even starts

Solentus

Post by Solentus » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:52 am

Yeah, friend of mine just updated today and is having tons of crash problems any time he fights a mob.

kuponutaru

Post by kuponutaru » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:32 pm

I just registered today. I installed FFXI on Wednesday night, and checked files and repaired Thursday morning.

I crash when attacking a mob, or when a mob attacks me.

Job abilities and traits are not displaying in their menus and cannot be used. Weaponskills do not display either, but when you have 100TP, you can type /ws "Weapon skill" <t> and it works.

Magic still works, but all abilities, traits, effects, magic, do not display properly in the chat log. Like, using a food item appears in the chat log as "****** counters the ******'s attack, 0 of ******'s shadows absorb the damage and disappear.

Exiting a mog house to save it as your home point will display as something about Baldyr or something, whatever the new expansion conquest points are called.

I'm assuming it would take quite a long time to address this issue, is there someplace I could download and install an FFXI client from before this new expansion, but after the December 12th update?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:56 pm

kuponutaru wrote: I'm assuming it would take quite a long time to address this issue, is there someplace I could download and install an FFXI client from before this new expansion, but after the December 12th update?
actually, i'm pretty much done at this point

just doing some extra testing to make sure that it's still not crashing (the message IDs are still wrong in places, but that's for someone else to fix :p)

kuponutaru

Post by kuponutaru » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:05 pm

It's been awhile since I played FFXI. The new expansion rekindled my interest a bit, but I miss the pre-abyssea and level cap increase FFXI. Sky farming sounds nice~~

I didn't know that private servers had popped up for FFXI, I do remember years ago hearing about some projects intended to do so, but they gave up or were shut down by SE.

It's very cool and such. One of my friends who had started FFXI from the beginning had once told me "In 10, or 20 years from now, I'll still remember how to get to Windurst." The game has changed so much, and with the recent troubles SE has been having, FFXI's future seemed to be in question, and I was thinking that there might be a day when there was no longer a FFXI. But knowing about this project is just so nice and such.

kuponutaru

Post by kuponutaru » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:27 am

I found the torrent for the updates up to and including the 12-12-12 update, so I started with a fresh install, and then overwrote the FFXI folder with the files from the torrent. However, after running Ashita as admin, then trying to launch POL&FFXI as I did before, the code screen pops up, says "sending account ID..." then it just closes. The IP address is correct.