Mission Bugs (Various Missions) with, Details

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Klesk

Mission Bugs (Various Missions) with, Details

Post by Klesk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:58 am

Hi,

I've come a long way with this bug from several people to maybe have it fixed. This appears to be account specific and hope I can provide enough details.
I have been on several attempts at it now and trying to find some fixes and have had some help from other people in my server including GMs. Only a few people are having similar issues during the missions upon starting one specific Key Items aren't given or certain NPCs are dead and don't respond after clicking them or reply with a general message that is unrelated to the mission event.

First started with San d'Oria Mission 2-3 "Journey Abroad" I had completed every mission up to this one. Upon receiving the mission the next step was to proceed to Halver to get a key item before travelling to Windurst or Bastok, however I was unable to get that key item instead he said a general message saying to go back to him once I've been recognized in Windurst and Bastok. From the looks of it, my current event seemed to have been skipped to a later even in the mission. I'll also note that my Rank 2 bar was also full to the max after trading crystals and was unable to trade anymore.

I tried every event and every step in many order according to the FFXI Wiki page http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page . After this I was able to come in contact with a GM on my server to tried to help me and offered some suggestions but nothing was able to budge. He offered me a free pass to Rank 3 to see if this was to fix the problem. I also had a full rank bar immediately and was able to start San d'Oria Mission 3-3 "Appointment to Jeuno". Again I encountered the similar issue with Halver but instead he didn't reply at all and he was a dead NPC.

I also took the time to go through his mission and step by step according to the wiki I was able to provide information on what happens during each event.
I've added the post below from http://ffxifree.com/forum/showthread.ph ... -w-Details but I've also had Metalfish brought into the subject to see if he can offer any suggestions which he provided in the link.

I did the testing on each part of the Mission step by step according to the wiki.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Appointment_to_Jeuno
Under each step I was specific to what happens.

1. Upon receiving the mission, report to Halver. He will direct you to speak to King Destin (check the Door:Great Hall for a cut scene) to receive the key item: Letter to the Ambassador. The King tells you to report to the embassy in Ru'Lude Gardens.

- I went to Halver after receiving the mission and upon clicking him the NPC was dead and no response. I also went to the Door:Great Hall for the cut scene but nothing happened, instead the NPC said I could only enter with an appointment. I didn't receive the key item as well "Letter to the Ambassador". Checked my key items list and it wasn't there either. (Same problem in SM2-3, no key item and it skipped to another part of the mission that was broken with dead NPCs)

2. Report to the San d'Oria embassy in Ru'Lude Gardens (G-9), talk to Nelcabrit and you will get a cutscene.

- This is the part what my mission log says under the menu that says "Head to the Embassy of San d'Oria in Jeuno to fill your appointed post." Upon talking to NPC Nelcabrit, I don't receive any cutscene but says a standard message "welcome to the embassy, contact if you need us."

3.Head to Delkfutt's Tower in Qufim, where you will need the Delkfutt Key to reach the basement.

4.If you have previously completed this mission for another nation and you have the Delkfutt Key:

- I was able to get the key to drop from the Gigas NM without problem, and was able to trade it to the elevator to go to the basement level of the tower.

5. Go to Lower Delkfutt's Tower (E-8), enter the basement through the Cermet Door using the Delkfutt Key.

6. Once in the basement, cross the large room to a small room and click the Cermet Door at M-8 for a cutscene.

- The door at M-8 doesn't give me a cutscene either. I clicked on it and says "The door is firmly shut". I traded the key to it and nothing, Plus I have the Delkfutt's key Key Item and that didn't work either.

7. Return to the San d'Orian embassy in Ru'Lude Gardens to receive your reward.

8. If you do not have key see Obtaining the Delkfutt Key below.

From what I've been told that this is account specific and something needs to be changed by a Dev manually to the account? I'm not the expert but I hope the above information helps. A handful of people also seem to be having the problem but most people pass without difficulty, and not being able to complete these mission stops us from end game fun.

I hope this helps and if anymore information is need I'll be happy to provide

Thanks,

Klesk of FFXIFree

Klesk

Re: Mission Bugs (Various Missions) with, Details

Post by Klesk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Also I'd like to add, the help from the GM on my server is he clears my missions or completes them and bumps me up a rank. Starting the new rank missions appears to be broken also. The game may think I'm on a previous mission and doesn't allow me to progress at all.

Klesk

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Is he looking at the char_vars table too? There are variables set there for mission status' that he needs to fix up if he is doing it manually.
-- Whasf

Klesk

Post by Klesk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Are you referring to the GM? I'll ask when I can get on. I know he has tried several things.
Another he tried was completing my mission again and bumped to rank 6.
This gave me access to Dynamis but I cannot start the Zilart missions.

Klesk

Post by Klesk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:25 pm

I told him what you suggested and he has tried that.

Mishima

Post by Mishima » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:24 am

bump for great justice-

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:25 am

He'll have to look at the scripts and compare what they're looking for to what is set for your character in the database. Sounds like something isn't matching up correctly.
-- Whasf

Klesk

Post by Klesk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Yes it seems to be account specific as most people seem to get by without trouble. Drex who is our GM says the game or server doesn't recognize I'm on the new mission and a specific part in the previous mission didn't register as complete.

As said before he gave me a bump to rank 6 since I've been stuck the longest. Dynamis works but I cannot trigger ZM1 zoning into Norg. Since there are no missions active I switched to Windurst and maybe I won't have problems progressing this time. *Cross fingers**

link
Developer

Post by link » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Code: Select all

elseif(player:getCurrentMission(ZILART) == THE_NEW_FRONTIER) then
using "@addmission 3 0 Klesk" should fix you.

Jim125

Post by Jim125 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Having same issue with Zazi on Old School server. Same exact mission trying to get rank 4, would seem I would need a GM for some assistance.