Port Bastok bridge

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
delayedlaw

Port Bastok bridge

Post by delayedlaw » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Ive been trying to cross the draw bridge in Port Bastok for a while. Seems to think its up at all times. Some times it shows as up other times just an invisible wall is there.

nasomi

Re: Port Bastok bridge

Post by nasomi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:18 pm

I have this issue as well, and am trying to isolate what's happening.

Eru

Post by Eru » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Is there a fix for this by now? Because it's kinda weird^^

Melodina

Post by Melodina » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:08 pm

I can say this issues exists, cannot cross the bridge in port bastok.

Shadowmh

Post by Shadowmh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Hmmm its working properly for me, just crossed it on my private server and shows it as down, are your clients up to date on retail and DSP updated from latest pull?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:51 pm

Was this just after server was started or was it running awhile?

I find it goes out of sync at certain tims, but is fine at other times. Start seeing it look down when its actually up and impassible, airship flying through and it jump to incorrect position etc. And what I call "the finger" where it leaps to the YOU SHALL NOT PASS position only as you approach it, and goes back to normal as you walk away.

Its also not very update proof. If you get sick of dealing with it every time SE messes with port bastok, you can cheat and use an onRegeionEnter setPos() command at both ends of the bridge in your zone.lua.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Eru

Post by Eru » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:44 am

It was just after I set up the server and I set it up with the newest files, retail client is up to date... And yes, i get the "you shall not pass position"^^

whitevamp

Post by whitevamp » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:18 am

I have had this happen before on me on a number of different servers, and found that if i log out then back in i an pass it just fine, and yes both client and servers up to-date.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:48 pm

The bridges have always been a little buggy.. Someone got them working waaay back in the day but as you are experiencing, they are broken again. Probably due to updates made by SE and not made to DSP.
-- Whasf

deviltti
Developer

Post by deviltti » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:05 am

whasf it wasn't *that* long ago I got them working. It gets overlooked every time Npc Ids shift. So to fix, the 'elevators' table just needs to be updated with the new Npc Ids for the drawbridge and its invisible doors.