Delivery Box

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
deoboropk

Delivery Box

Post by deoboropk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:58 pm

My players are having trouble with the Delivery Box. Every they go onto it to send something to someone it closes and says "Communication seems to be congested"

Any ideas?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Delivery Box

Post by kjLotus » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:33 pm

usually happens because their delivery box entries in the delivery box table ended up in a bogus state. there may or may not be sql errors in your server log when it happens, so check that first, otherwise i would like either a) a way to make it happen or b) your delivery box table and who it's happening to so i can try to stop it from happening

and to fix it, youre probably just nuking the delivery box table (or at least all entries pertaining to the affected people)

deoboropk

Post by deoboropk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:48 am

Thanks for your reply.

It's happening to anyone who is trying to send something. I've looked on the server log. No SQL errors and I've checked the Delivery Box table and theres nothing. Strange?

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:04 pm

You can't send things from the mog house delivery box, has to be from the AH delivery box.

When sending something, you have to send to a slot that is open on the recipients slots. IE if htey have items in slots 1-3, and you try to select 1-3, it will say communication congested. If you select slot 4, however, it will go through fine.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:35 pm

That's weird, the slot shouldn't matter when you're sending
-- Whasf

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Yep but the slots get stuck till they get the item. Also I've noticed that when I send to 2 diff chars and only one of them empties their mail, sometimes the wrong ones get shown as removed at my end when I go to send more. Both of them do get the correct things though.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:04 pm

nasomi wrote:You can't send things from the mog house delivery box, has to be from the AH delivery box..
oh right, this is the case

sending things from inside your mog house is a relatively new feature (less than 3 months) and nobody has grabbed a packet for it yet

Khelendil

Post by Khelendil » Thu May 01, 2014 5:57 am

kjLotus wrote:
nasomi wrote:You can't send things from the mog house delivery box, has to be from the AH delivery box..
oh right, this is the case

sending things from inside your mog house is a relatively new feature (less than 3 months) and nobody has grabbed a packet for it yet
What kinda packet do u need? Wireshark?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu May 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Khelendil wrote:What kinda packet do u need? Wireshark?
i can get it myself, i just haven't got around to doing it yet. now that school is done i might have time to fix 'er up

Khelendil

Post by Khelendil » Thu May 01, 2014 3:16 pm

kjLotus wrote:
Khelendil wrote:What kinda packet do u need? Wireshark?
i can get it myself, i just haven't got around to doing it yet. now that school is done i might have time to fix 'er up
k but if needed drop me a message n ill try to help ya