Client Crash When Accepting Missions

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
starlightknight

Client Crash When Accepting Missions

Post by starlightknight » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:04 pm

So I've been starting to toy around with the city missions now, and I keep getting a client crash when accepting missions.

This seems to happen every time I finish accepting a mission from the gate guard, right when it would normally add it to my mission log. I have seen this in every San'dOria mission that I've tried so far, regardless of which NPC that I accept the mission from (not sure yet if its related to San'doria or all missions).

When the client dies no errors show in the server log, and the server itself does not crash. The player times out normally about a minute later as if they had gotten disconnected.

This crash also seems to happen if I turn in crystal for rank points and I fill the bar up (it does not happen if the bar is not totally filled by the trade)

When logging back in, the player character has the mission in their log, so it isn't a block but its very annoying.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of info for me to go off of. Any tips on how to troubleshoot this further?

Using client version: 30140319_0

demolish
Developer

Re: Client Crash When Accepting Missions

Post by demolish » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Client crashes when talking to NPCs that were working prior to a retail update are generally Text ID related.

Text IDs can be found under "Dialog Tables" in POLUtils and they're specific to each zone.
Once you find the correct id, the zone's TextIDs.lua file will need updating with the correct ids for each entry in the TextIDs.lua file. The actual text displayed is usually commented by the variable.
<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.