Cannot equip weapons

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Kalmado

Cannot equip weapons

Post by Kalmado » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:46 pm

As the title says, I cannot equip some weapons. Others on my server can. I just updated my client. FFXI Ver: 30140402_2. How can I fix this?

tagban

Re: Cannot equip weapons

Post by tagban » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:10 pm

What job are you on, and what weapons specifically?

Kalmado

Post by Kalmado » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:47 pm

tagban wrote:What job are you on, and what weapons specifically?
Monk & Oatixur, Paladin & Senbaak Nagen +1. I understand I'm obviously on a modded server since those are level 99 items. As I stated in OP, others on the server can equip for sure Senbaak Nagen +1 but I can't. It would point to something wrong with me possibly no?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:22 am

Kalmado wrote:
Monk & Oatixur, Paladin & Senbaak Nagen +1. I understand I'm obviously on a modded server since those are level 99 items. As I stated in OP, others on the server can equip for sure Senbaak Nagen +1 but I can't. It would point to something wrong with me possibly no?
they have no data in the sql tables (same with everything from adoulin)

there'd be no support for the type of skill they give anyways.. if you want to play with oats (that work properly) you'd have to do it on a retail server for now (for a while probably)

Kalmado

Post by Kalmado » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:52 am

kjLotus wrote:
Kalmado wrote:
they have no data in the sql tables (same with everything from adoulin)

there'd be no support for the type of skill they give anyways.. if you want to play with oats (that work properly) you'd have to do it on a retail server for now (for a while probably)
Thank you for the reply. The person that implements items on our server said somehow Drk was on Senbaak but Pld was not and that it should be fixed. I do not know anything about how items get put into the game and wasn't aware a job could be missing from it! Learn something new every day :)

tagban

Post by tagban » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:49 pm

For the most part, DSP focuses on Zilart and COP (and primarily Zilart iirc). Lots of other server hosts add their own items/etc., and hopefully will contribute their stats to the central project (Thus opening the door for them to be working for everyone!).

starlightknight

Post by starlightknight » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:47 am

I've been working on adding the proper modifiers to all of the 76+ gear that is in the DSP db already. Lots of the gear you can obtain but even if you equip it, it doesn't do anything cause no modifiers have been added for it. When I'm done I'll submit a patch.