Uleguerand Range Home Point

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Isenduil

Uleguerand Range Home Point

Post by Isenduil » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:11 pm

I was looking around through all the zones and have found that some home points are missing.
Checking the script files I see there was no POS for any of the 5 HP's in this particular zone
even after adding the POS into the lua file I reloaded everything and they havn't appeared is there anything else I can do to get them up and working?
If they were even working to begin with @.@

Delaide

Re: Uleguerand Range Home Point

Post by Delaide » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:48 pm

I wanted to add these a while ago, but there is a problem. I do not know exactly where these go. You would need to add in not only the lua files, but also the npc database entries. There are many zones that are missing these, and I would love to add them. But, we need to ensure it follows retail. If you can point me towards information on the exact position of these (The wikis just show the map coords, like H7, not the actual location, and since the map coords are relatively...large, it is not helpful...), I can add these in.

Isenduil

Post by Isenduil » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:31 pm

I will see what I can come up with and let you know. I was aware of many of the HP's before I stopped playing awhile into SoA so i'm at least familiar with where most of them are.
The only thing i'm not sure on if how to go about obtaining the specific co-ordinates. All that comes to mind is loging out at them and checking the MySQL database for them.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:42 pm

My windower shows my exact coords, but you can also @pos command if you are GM on your server.

Code: Select all

function onTrigger(player, x, y, z, zone, target)
For that command, I believe you just enter @pos and it will default to your position. Just don't enter position details, or else it moves you, rather than printing out your coords.
-- func: pos <x> <y> <z> <optional zone> <optional target>
-- desc: Sets the players position. If none is given, prints out the position instead.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Isenduil wrote:I was looking around through all the zones and have found that some home points are missing.
Checking the script files I see there was no POS for any of the 5 HP's in this particular zone
even after adding the POS into the lua file I reloaded everything and they havn't appeared is there anything else I can do to get them up and working?
If they were even working to begin with @.@
Do they exist in npc_list.sql ? do they have a valid (non zero) x/y/z position? have you reimported that table after any editing?

script can't spawn it if it doesn't already exist, so check that
Delaide wrote:My windower shows my exact coords, but you can also @pos command if you are GM on your server.

Code: Select all

function onTrigger(player, x, y, z, zone, target)
For that command, I believe you just enter @pos and it will default to your position. Just don't enter position details, or else it moves you, rather than printing out your coords.
-- func: pos <x> <y> <z> <optional zone> <optional target>
-- desc: Sets the players position. If none is given, prints out the position instead.
default behavior when no input is given is same as @where which is annoying and confusing in chat because people start saying "pos" for both things.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:52 am

lol, sorry, missed that command completely. So used to just using @pos with nothing after it xD