Fame

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
nevaeh

Fame

Post by nevaeh » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:56 am

Hey all,

I just wanted to verify the "Fame" system is working correctly. If this is out of the norm I will look at submitting a bug.

I did the quest in Selbina referenced here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Only_the_Best to raise my my Jeuno fame.

I did a query on the database and the fame does indeed go up. The next step was checking the fame level in Jeuno, at which point the NPC used the same wording as if I had max fame. (level 9) I used this NPC: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mendi

The problem is, I don't believe I did enough of that quest to reach level 9 fame. Per the quest details, it takes 25 stacks of Boyahda Moss to reach level 9 fame and I used about 5.

Another oddity is that I tried to start the Gobbiebag quest and was not able to. For reference, the first Gobbiebag quest requires only rank 2 fame.

Any ideas?

I am using the latest Darkstar package from the repository.

Thank you,

Brandon

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Fame

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Lats I knew fame NPCs were using a static dialog instead of actually checking your fame, so that's probably why its wrong.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

nevaeh

Post by nevaeh » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:16 pm

forgottenandlost wrote:Lats I knew fame NPCs were using a static dialog instead of actually checking your fame, so that's probably why its wrong.
I'm not sure this is the case. To verify I made a brand new character and had the fame checked, I got the standard dialog indicating I didn't have any fame, so it seems to be working correctly.

To add to my troubleshooting, I used SQL workbench to change my fame from ~2650 to 10K+ and tried to get the quest but he still won't give it. I get the standard "Gobbiebags are da bomb" dialog as if I didn't have the required fame.

Is there something wrong with the NPC that gives the quest maybe, (Bluffnix) or is my situation possibly a one-off?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Your right fame checkers were fixed already. in 2012 according to the log o.O dunno why I thought they were still broke. eh, oh well, by bad.

Just for reference, here are the tiers according to getFameLevel() in luabaseentity.cpp:

Code: Select all

if (fame >= 2450)
fameLevel = 9;
else if (fame >= 2200)
fameLevel = 8;
else if (fame >= 1950)
fameLevel = 7;
else if (fame >= 1700)
fameLevel = 6;
else if (fame >= 1300)
fameLevel = 5;
else if (fame >= 900)
fameLevel = 4;
else if (fame >= 500)
fameLevel = 3;
else if (fame >= 200)
fameLevel = 2;
Since you said you set your fame level way past that I have no idea whats the matter with the goblin so we'll have to wait for someone smarter than me to help you. I remember seeing something like this before, but I don't remember what was wrong.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:13 am

I'm encountering the same issue on my server. Everything seems to be in order, but the fame isn't being passed through. I am doing testing on my test server but i haven't been able to see where it's getting dropped yet.

nevaeh

Post by nevaeh » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:30 am

nasomi wrote:I'm encountering the same issue on my server. Everything seems to be in order, but the fame isn't being passed through. I am doing testing on my test server but i haven't been able to see where it's getting dropped yet.
I'm glad I'm not the only one encountering the issue. I just wanted to verify it wasn't something on my end before I submitted a bug properly.

Thank you,

Brandon