Client Chat window messed up

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Eru

Client Chat window messed up

Post by Eru » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Hey guys, i'm pretty new to the forum.

I just installed everything and me and my wife are testing everything out. On my screen the UI seems fine but on my wifes screen whenever there is a single line of text in the chatlog she can't see her HP/MP bar and can't see anything she types. She always has to clear everything with ESC to see what she types and so she can see her HP.

I installed everything from scratch and all the files are up to date.

Any idea what could cause this?

Thanks for helping guys

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Client Chat window messed up

Post by kjLotus » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:50 pm

ashita settings and ffxi settings for one of the resolutions (menu resolution? not 100% sure)

Kinoma

Post by Kinoma » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Could I get an answer to this one? I also can not see what I'm trying in my chat box, can't see my hp/mp, can see names of things I'm targeting, can't see my main menu, my items menu is missing its rightmost 1/3. This issues seemed to occur when I accidentally re-sized my window by dragging the edge. Someone in-game mentioned it was a resolution issue and to mess with the Ashita window settings. I changed the window size config a couple times with no success. Then I modified the position/background/menu setting, and now all my images / menus are waaay too big / pixelated. I attemped to set the settings back to their -1/-1/-1 defaults, but this did not change it back. I also deleted the server config profile and create a new one, but this newly created profile has the same issue.

I'll keep messing with it, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kinoma

Post by Kinoma » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:12 pm

I've solved my issue. My screen size is 1366x768. In my ashita config, I use a FFXI window resolution of 1366x720, starting (0,0) / background (1366x720) / menu (0,0). I also turned off borders but I doubt that matters. What really seemed to matter was the change in window resolution.

tl;dr If you are having this issue, try different window resolutions.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:14 pm

You have to go into the FFXI Config tool located in the actual Final Fantasy XI folder in the Playonline folder. Should be in a folder labeled Tools US.

In that config, you need to adjust your resolution and graphics settings to what you want to use. Then go into Ashita and configure the window resolution to match what you put into the config tool.

That should clear this problem up.