Delivery Box Issues

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Altreer

Delivery Box Issues

Post by Altreer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Since the recent changes to the delivery box system, I have noticed a very strange issue. After items are taken out of the delivery box, a character who tries to interact with any object acts like they are stuck in a cutscene with no options. The gm @release command can make them get out of it. If the character attacks a target, damage or actions are not displayed in the chat window, and when the mob is killed, no experience points are rewarded. Any clue what changes to the core files or the sql files might be doing this?

Edit: If the person closes and reopens the client, the problem is resolved until they take something out of the delivery box again.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Delivery Box Issues

Post by kjLotus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:19 pm

if you remove items from delivery box and then zone (out of the mog house), it does that?

edit: either way, i'm not seeing it reproducable from just removing an item from delivery box

Altreer

Post by Altreer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:44 pm

Looks like it only does this when something is bought on the auction house, and the person is trying to retrieve their gil from the sale. Zoning does not solve the issue.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:46 am

still seems to work fine on my server.. is there anything else out of the ordinary when receiving the item from delivery box?

Altreer

Post by Altreer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:16 am

Nothing else out of the ordinary. The bug only seems to appear when taking gil out of the delivery box when delivered from the Auction House, or if sent by a player. I even put all my character data in backup and reset the entire sql database and rebuilt all three servers. I started a new test character and the same problem happened. This bug does not appear when items are sent between players, just gil. Other functions also seem to be acting weird, such as when logging out the countdown will not appear in the chat box, but after 30 seconds you will log out. Once again, the problem only goes away when completely shutting the client down. Logging out then logging back in will not resolve the issue.