combat skills reset on zone

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
horizon

combat skills reset on zone

Post by horizon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:55 am

So I've been running into a minor yet annoying problem on my personal server since the big changes in the early january DSP update. DSP was updated Jan 11, and client was last updated on jan 30, so hopefully neither are too terribly out of date. character in question is a high 80's bst/dnc, and locks on expansion content are set to 0.

Whenever I zone, my base attack and accuracy (eyeballed from basic testing) revert to what they would be with 0 weapon skill. In addition, all of my normally available weapon skills are gone, and though dual wielding axes, the client will only show 1 axe. If I unequip them both and re-equip, everything reflects as it should for my current combat skill and both axes become visible in client. this issue repeats after every zone change, not just on log-in.

I assume with the recent changes, something just isn't transferring across zones similar to how some status effects weren't (I seem to remember reading about the effect with @hide, but I believe it was fixed?) so my question is, is it something in my db i need to edit/add similar to the whole logging in dead business, or is it just something caused by the new changes that I could help out with by starting some testing and documenting on?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: combat skills reset on zone

Post by kjLotus » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:01 am

january 11th was kind of a long time ago.. it's pretty hard to help if your server is so far out of date - but something like that is probably only you, or else I'm sure I would have heard about it by now

horizon

Post by horizon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:03 am

updated the dark star code with no change. In the end, it turned out to be an issue with my current weapon. It had a damage type value of "0" in the database, and that seemed to be preventing dual wielding as well as causing the previously mentioned issues. Changed it to "2" to match other axes, and things resolved themselves. Hurray for easy fixes.

Alas, after updating, I notice an old problem seems to have reappeared: Beastmen aren't summoning their pets. unique to me, or known issue? I searched the threads, but I only see old mentions of it. I'm assuming unique to me?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:10 pm

Pets are known issue.
-- Whasf