Ranged Weapon & Ammo "Bug"

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
roshinu

Ranged Weapon & Ammo "Bug"

Post by roshinu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:02 am

One of my players has been pestering me because of a bug happening to him.
Him being the only person actually using ranged weapons, can't equip them and the ammunition at the same time.
If he equips the bow/crossbow, then the arrows/bolts it will unequip the bow and vice versa. (itemlevel doesn't matter)

I actually have yet to reconfirm this issue myself, but due to me being stuck at work for the next 6 hours I won't be able to check if the server log is showing anything, and if it's something I can replicate with my character. (also I'll do another recompile once I'm home, just to be sure)

All I know is that equiping items like Bomb Core or Bibiki Seashell (those ranged items you use for stats only) work fine .. also the BST Food and the items used to call familiars do what they are supposed to do.

The server itself is a "vanilla server" which was updated on Sunday .. and his client is a fresh install, updated not even 24 hrs ago.

Everything else seems to be working, just the ranged is ruining his gaming experience (and as of today: my nerves, because that's all he's talking about .. I had to threaten him with Mordion Gaol, to shut up for now :twisted: ).

So any pointers where I could start looking for the solution? And if it's clientside or serverside (If needed screenshots and logs will be provided as soon as I'm back home)

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Ranged Weapon & Ammo "Bug"

Post by kjLotus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:48 am

it would be server side: the server unequips bolts if you equip a bow and unequips arrows if you equip a crossbow (same with guns/bullets and cannon/shells)

you'd need to be specific with what weapon/ammo you are talking about (especially if it's over level 75)

roshinu

Re: Ranged Weapon & Ammo "Bug"

Post by roshinu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:59 am

Ok, i'm home .. and *drummroll* definitely not the server, but the user sitting behind the PC not listening :roll:
Tried a bunch of combinations and they all worked fine, except for some of the 90+ combination.

Took my friend almost 6 hours and even more whining to check out ranged/ammo <75 (and he still doesn't believe me that most of the newer gear is missing working stats)
I really just don't know where in the world telling someone "please try ranged/ammo lower than 75" results in "my RNG is broken, i'll never be able to play RNG like this" ... Reading what someone is telling him is not really my friends forte apparently :lol:

Sorry for the bother and many thanks :) ... Someone's going to get sent to jail for this :mrgreen: (and for the fact that he couldn't create an account here himself and just ask)