Elevator woes

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Desufire

Elevator woes

Post by Desufire » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:21 am

Seems my server is having elevator issues. The ones in Metalworks work just fine btw. A player got stuck in King Tomb going down to get a look at Vrtra. The animation/cs started to play, but nothing happened and his character was stuck for over 5 minutes.

I'm currently going through the CoP missions and came to the Pso'Xja elevator to take me to the Stone Door for Diabolos fight. Elevator didn't work. I looked through the scripts to see if I could maybe force it to go, but couldn't locate anything aside from tensin scripts and gargoyle pop stuff.

This a known problem?

demolish
Developer

Re: Elevator woes

Post by demolish » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:02 am

<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:52 pm

So is ita pproblem with the lua still needing to be worked on or has no one "worked on the core"? Don't know what the core is but I'll fish around and see what I can find.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Please take the door crap out of core and move to doing that in lua for the existing ones like we discussed before. We've already got functionality on lua's end top manipulate the doors (even when they are invisible doors used by elevators). I can have all the missing elevators scripted in a flash, and was just yesterday tinkering with a few of them. But I'm not pull requesting yet because the part you said you'd do didn't get done (you still had the doors done in core in that branch last I looked dude, if you updated it you never messaged me to let me know).
Desufire wrote:Don't know what the core is but
What is a core? A miserable little pile of C++ !
Some source parts need put out of their misery, like dat elevator transport from way back in 2011 intended to be used with sql now being just barely adapted to script use.
Last edited by TeoTwawki on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:16 am

/slinks away and hides...