Search Server SQL Connections

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
xelloss

Search Server SQL Connections

Post by xelloss » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:28 am

So, this is something I've noticed becoming more and more of a problem as of late.

I use MariaDB on Windows currently ( with the FFXI server also on the same machine ), which has a typical max_connections setup of 150+1. I keep running into hitting the upper cap on this as I run the servers lately. I ran an experiment last night, and over the course of 8 hours Search Server had already incremented up to 22 sleeping SQL connections.

If this a new behaviour of Search Server? Is there any way to get Search Server to let go of it's SQL connections? Does it need them to be persistent? Lobby, Game Server, and the AH py script use 2 each so no big deal on them but the Search Server just keeps piling connections on until it hits the max and then it starts throwing "SQL Server has gone away" errors because of "1040 Max Connections". Raising max_connections I don't think is a legitimate fix, since it seems to me that Search Server will just keep eating them up until it hits the new cap.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Search Server SQL Connections

Post by kjLotus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:42 am

could be that the AH expire code does not free its sql handles (is this a new issue?)

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Search Server SQL Connections

Post by whasf » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:27 am

kjLotus wrote:could be that the AH expire code does not free its sql handles (is this a new issue?)
You're probably right, I'll take a look tonight
-- Whasf