Controller Scheme

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Lithorn

Controller Scheme

Post by Lithorn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:23 pm

I think I have been having the issue that some have had with their controllers where the mapping isn't quite how its set from the Pad Settings.

I have double checked and noticed that the layout the Pad settings "Thinks" is the total opposite of what I choose for my Wireless 360 controller.
I had to check my windows Game controllers and test each button to figure out its correct number and then set it in the pad settings. So far this has worked with the exception of movement, hat switches (menu) and camera.
For the 3 movements (Player, Camera, Menu) I had to do UP and DOWN in reverse, to fix it. Left and Right on movement is fine, Left and right on Camera is fine, but Left on the pad means UP, and Down does nothing. So to remidy this I enabled a button to control the menu with the movement key, but this makes using macros harder.

I am not sure what is going on here as the controller works fine in every other game except this. It worked before when I played here (Years ago when I helped program BLU skills), but now it seems to be wonky.

I have read through the troubleshooting and bug reports and done the tasks other thought might help but it seems nothing has changed. (I set all 3 profiles)

Lithorn

Re: Controller Scheme

Post by Lithorn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:27 pm

Another issue I have noticed, when the game starts you should be able to "Begin" by pushing the OK button on the contoller or ENTER on the keyboard, but neither work. You MUST click with the mouse and then the controller/keyboard works. Its as if its not in focus but it is.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:40 pm

We don't do anything with the client. It sounds like you haven't configured something properly with your client - if you're using Windower, ask them, otherwise, you'll want to look for anyone with the same problem using retail (as this problem has nothing to do with the server).

I would like to point out that pressing enter on the first menu does work fine for me..

Lithorn

Post by Lithorn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:54 pm

For those who are having this issue, I found a fix to revert it back to before they added XINPUT.

Just go to your tools folder in Final Fantasy (US for me), delete or move the xinput.dll out of the folder to some other place. Then open up the Pad Config, Click default, and begin setting your buttons. Worked fine for me, no craziness

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:00 pm

Thank you for posting the solution
-- Whasf