Delay issues - are they bugs?

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Abriasffxi

Delay issues - are they bugs?

Post by Abriasffxi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi all-

I'm about 5 days into running a private server for me and some of my friends. Here are some things I've noticed, and wondering if they were known or if we're doing something wrong.

Major issues:
Monk attack speed. Monks are attacking at the base speed of the weapon in item_weapon, for example 283 for r.archer. This is crazy compared to what should be ~2x longer.
Ranger attack speed. Our ranger attack is taking 6.9 seconds, when according to the formula wd/110 it should be 4.9.
NPC for crafting mats (especially those controlled by conquest determinants). For example we can't get Windurstian Tea leaves from Milna(sp?) in Sandy even though Sandy owns Sartubaruta.

Other than that it's pretty pretty great and I'm getting into the idea of modifying the sql tables. Hoping to get into scripting soon so I can contribute, and maybe solving these issues would be a good intro.

Abriasffxi

Re: Delay issues - are they bugs?

Post by Abriasffxi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:56 am

For those reading:

I fixed monk delay in my database by altering the base weapon speed. They are incorrectly calculated as 240+wepdelay, instead of 480+wepdelay. I created an issue for that.

Ranger attack speed was fixed in master already, it is not fixed as of today in stable.

NPC guild crafting mats are all jacked up - whoever implemented the code just picked whatever mats they wanted. I have changed all my vendors to be correct but I'm not sure if there is a driver to implementing that so I'll leave as is unless someone else wants to create an issue.