Help wanted!

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
whasf
Site Admin

Help wanted!

Post by whasf » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi Everyone!

We are looking for a few good people to take ownership with some parts of the Darkstar project:
  • {1} Database - Ensure accuracy of database data: NPCs, monsters, monster drops, etc
  • {2} Missions - Ensure missions work as defined on the wiki (wiki.ffxiclopedia.org)
  • {2} Quests - Ensure quests work as defined on the wiki (wiki.ffxiclopedia.org)
  • {1} Weaponskills (player and monster)
Existing experience with Darkstar is preferred, or some programming background (1+ years)
For the database, experience with SQL and mySQL is highly preferred (select, update, insert, join, etc)
You must provide your own computer. You get a 15 minute break every 4 hours. Bathroom access is $1 per use (limited to 5minutes per use).

BONUS: If you are accepted you can have your very own @dspt.info email address!

Send me a PM on here if you are interested. List your qualifications and why you'd like to join/help!

Other, less glamorous positions we are seeking:
  • Graphic artist (redesign logo, create icons for the three servers)
Thanks!

Whasf
Last edited by whasf on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Lost a person
-- Whasf

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: Help wanted!

Post by bluekirby0 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:37 am

Didn't we have someone submit icons on the old forum? I never got a chance to look at them though.

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:25 am

Well it sounds like it's time to hop back in with you guys. I will take Quests if no one else wants it. This is just in terms of you need someone to monitor quests added and make sure they are right? Or am I saying that I will do all quests? Either or, it looks like there's no scripters left and I'd be glad to get back on the project. Obviously I might stray to Mob TP moves a bit also.

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:27 am

bluekirby0 wrote:Didn't we have someone submit icons on the old forum? I never got a chance to look at them though.
and yes there was a link:

http://dspt.freeforums.org/server-icons-t679.html

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Will be great to have you back metal! Just don't burn yourself out on us!

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:07 pm

lol no promises. I am still unpacking and stuff but atm copying over my ffxi build to my laptop and once thats done ill start getting back into the groove with yall

cipherx
Developer

Post by cipherx » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:51 pm

wb^^

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:04 am

ty. I just got the server replicated from my main desktop. Got the client on there just need to patch the client and then I should be pushing out changes!

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:57 pm

3 servers? i heard about a classic server but the server i logged on i was alone

i dont want to start with millions of gil or 24 x exp i want to start with an empty auction house so i have a reason for synth , farm , and of course fish

btw fish arent biting on the official darkstar server

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:02 pm

sprinkle wrote:3 servers? i heard about a classic server but the server i logged on i was alone

i dont want to start with millions of gil or 24 x exp i want to start with an empty auction house so i have a reason for synth , farm , and of course fish

btw fish arent biting on the official darkstar server
Not many people play on the old-school server... Feel free to get people to join you on it :)
-- Whasf