error on gobbie bag quest

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
biboy

error on gobbie bag quest

Post by biboy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi all,

I made new character just to test if Gobbie Bag Quest is fixed. I does saved the quest in completed and I did all of it. I then log out of the game, shut down my servers then ren the servers again ang login to my new character and check my inventory size is back to 30 instead of 80. The quest is being offered again by Bluffnix
but even if you trade the items, nothing happens after. Of course because you have these quests completed already. The error get get when you first do these quests on the DSGame-server log says :

SQL DB error - Table ' dspdb.chars_storage' doesn't exist

even if you check with Navicat Tables char_storage inventory does not update and stats 30 every time you turn in the items to finish the quest. I hope this helps

Thanks again Team.

whasf
Site Admin

Re: error on gobbie bag quest

Post by whasf » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Does that happen only on your server? That SQL error is saying that the table doesn't exist
-- Whasf

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:20 pm

biboy wrote: SQL DB error - Table ' dspdb.chars_storage' doesn't exist

even if you check with Navicat Tables char_storage inventory does not update and stats 30 every time you turn in the items to finish the quest. I hope this helps
I think I just found the problem...

biboy

Post by biboy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:24 am

whasf wrote:Does that happen only on your server? That SQL error is saying that the table doesn't exist
Thank you for the responses,

I'm not sure if any other server have this problem. Yes I can say in my server yeah. I think it started when char_storage was added. I think these Tables used to be in chars.sql and moved to the new chars_storage.sql
so I'm not sure why it doesn't update the tables when I turn in the items to Bluffnix. I hope this helps.

Thank you again Team.

And I hope Bluekirby really found the bug.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:15 am

biboy

Post by biboy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:21 am

I'm going to try it thank you for the hard work

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:16 am

I should mention that you might have to delete the quest on any characters that have completed it in order for them to redo it, or alternatively set the new size manually in the database. The change won't fix what was previously broken, but it should prevent it from happening in the future.

biboy

Post by biboy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:21 am

it works great now, thank you. I just dump database and start new character then amass enough fame quick then do quest and I don't see the SQL error any more on the DSGame-server log and it does update the char_storage Table now. Great job. If I find anymore bug, I'll report them here. Great job and thanks for the response.

Thank you Team