True Sight is actually True hearing?

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Anthos

True Sight is actually True hearing?

Post by Anthos » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:47 am

I have been playing with the mob behaviour settings and have found this issue.
In mobs_pool i have been changing settings for wasps outside bastok and testing different agros with a level 1 character.
my finding to changing behaviour are:
0 - passive
1 - agros to sight
2 - agros to sound
4 - low hp aggro
8 - true hearing
16 - true hearing
32 - magic agro
64 - unknown
128 - unknown
256 - unknown

Im assuming that 8 should be true sight, but mobs still agro to sound.
I dont know if this is just on my server (its all upto date)
So if someone else could check or has more info let me know before I post on bugtracker.

Ayame

Re: True Sight is actually True hearing?

Post by Ayame » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:36 am

A = Aggressive; L = Links; S = Detects by Sight; H = Detects by Sound; HP = Detects Low HP;
M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing JA = Detects job abilities;
WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime

there are mobs that are also true sight and sound so even though u have sneak and invisible on its not going to help you

Anthos

Post by Anthos » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:10 am

Ayame thnks for reply, I think u missunderstand what im saying.

All that info you gave me I know, its just that to change a mobs behavior in navicast you alter that tables in dspdb/tables/mob_pools. I started doing this because all the mobs in Wajaom Woodlands and Bhaflau thickets are true hearing, which is a real pain when your trying to move through zone with non GM character.

So if you want to change a mob for example the huge wasps outside bastok from being passive to agresive to sound you change the value in 'behaviour' collum from 0 (no aggro) to 2 (agressive to sound). and if you want the mob to be agressive to sound and sight you change setting to 3. (1 for sound + 2 for sight) ect ect.

The problem is that the setting for true sight which should (I think) be 8, but the wasp had true hearing instead
and if I change setting to 16 it also give mob true hearing.
None of the setting seem to give True Sight just True Hearing.

So if this is the case I will make a bug report but if there is another way to change mob to true sight then I wont post a bug.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:36 pm

So, with a mob set with either 8 or 16 in its mask, you can walk behind it with sneak on and it will still aggro you? If so, that is a bug and should be reported on the tracker.

Anthos

Post by Anthos » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:19 pm

Ok reported, just wanted to check i wasnt doing something wrong before I submitted bug, thanks.

Brierre

Post by Brierre » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:38 pm

128 - Job Ability, 256 - Scent