DSPWeb 0.1 Finished

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
ex0r

DSPWeb 0.1 Finished

Post by ex0r » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:59 am

I am now proud to announce, that DSPWeb version 0.1 is finally done. After many many months and weeks of working on it, I managed to finally get it working, and have tested it to the best that I am able to being only one person.

Now, I ask that I get as many people as possible to help me alpha test this out before I release it to everyone. I need rigorous testing done, including the following:
  • Account creation
    Account updating (updating passwords)
    Authentication (logging in and logging out)
    Character creation (via the web interface)
    Character viewing (both in regional info, as well as in characters list)
    Character deletion
    Regional info area (Testing to make sure it correctly shows people in their respective regions)
I will leave testing open for one week, and leave this forum open so people can post any bugs that they come across or problems they experience. After that week, I will fix any bugs that were found, than run another wave of testing before releasing the source for 0.1.

The website can be accessed at http://abyssea.kicks-ass.org for testing

I will also have a test server up and running so you can log into the game to make sure that account creation, character creation, and region info is working correctly on DSPWeb. The address for the game server is

abyssea.kicks-ass.org

Please note: At this time, I am NOT accepting feature requests. This is merely a test of the code base to make sure everything is working. I already have a few new features planned for version 1.0, which will be worked on once 0.1 source becomes available.

Leave feedback as to what needs to be fixed or changed, and I will make note of it!

EDIT: I forgot to add in the port forward in the URL!
Last edited by ex0r on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ayame

Re: DSPWeb 0.1 Finished

Post by Ayame » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:00 pm

i'm getting broken link

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:29 am

Link updated!

Melodina

Post by Melodina » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:29 am

I cannot get to the link ex0r.
[03.28 11:26:37] palemoon.exe - abyssea.kicks-ass.org:80 error : Could not connect to abyssea.kicks-ass.org:80 - connection attempt failed with error 10060 (Connection Timed Out)

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:05 pm

yeah, i'm sorry about that, Melodina. I am in an argument as we speak with my web hosting provider. It seems he doesn't want to give me the services and uptime/speeds he promised me when I signed up. Hopefully i'll have it fixed soon.

btw, what is palemoon?

Melodina

Post by Melodina » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:41 pm

It's a web browser, optmized for intel chips, based on firefox engine.