Testers wanted please!

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
SirGouki

Testers wanted please!

Post by SirGouki » Wed May 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Been a long while since I posted on here. I am building a GUI for Dark Star servers. The reason I built this was to have 1 window instead of 3 to monitor the servers. As of right now, that is EXACTLY all it does. It has 3 tabs, one for each server. when you press the start button, it runs the respective server. If you press kill, it ends that server immediately. Currently, I have it set up to run from the same folder as the executables, but will be adding a settings tab that lets you pick the directory those files are in. Also, if a server is running, it auto kills that server when you click the X, otherwise, you'd have no way to stop running servers. This was built using Visual Studio Express C# 2013, which means you have to have .Net 4.5 installed. If you're interested in testing it, please reply. If I get any posts, I'll upload it, but I at least wanted people to know this exists since it makes things easier when you need to restart to test changes.

Also, if anyone would like to donate an Icon, right now mine looks like a shuriken.

Note: I made this myself, it is virus free. Also, I am not affiliated with the Dark Star team in any way.

TO-DO:
Add auto-start option.
Add some configuration to find the server files instead of having to be in same directory.
Add customization options for the logs.
Realign form slightly to make all tabs match.
Server error detection/restart on error option.

Known Issues:
Something from the game server will cause the ui to hang. It makes you disconnect if you wait too long, but if you kill the gui the server will reconnect. Downside is that you have to kill the process from taskmgr for all the servers if you have this problem. I'm going to implement log files to attempt to determine whats causing it because the debugger is not catching the hang.

IF a server crashes, it will also crash the gui.
Attachments
FFXIDSPGUI.zip
Current Version: 0.2.1 beta
(9.48 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Last edited by SirGouki on Fri May 23, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tagban

Re: Testers wanted please!

Post by tagban » Thu May 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Im interested in testing, but would love to know if you can setup auto-reboot as well, that would be an amazing function to add. Since the current option sucks.

SirGouki

Post by SirGouki » Thu May 15, 2014 10:26 pm

auto reboot as in one button reboot, or reboot every day at a certain time? I was already thinking about a restart button, but I will add the time based one after I can play around with some things. I'll have time tuesday/wednesday and i'll keep you posted. Also, fair warning, this thing is basic. As in all text is one color right now and I don't have any settings implemented yet. If you want specific text color + bg combination let me know I'll make a customer one for you.

tagban

Post by tagban » Fri May 16, 2014 10:16 am

Reboot on error.

SirGouki

Post by SirGouki » Sun May 18, 2014 9:41 pm

Just got done testing its affects on performance. This program adds almost no noticeable cpu usage, which is awesome. I'll upload what I have, but I have not implemented any configuration yet, and no auto-starting/re-starting. Each server has its own tab. Also, as previously mentioned, the program must be run from a directory with all used server files. I haven't had time to add a method to point to the .exe files yet.