DSP Server Control application

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
Magiknight

Re: DSP Server Control application

Post by Magiknight » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:59 pm

Can anyone explain to me how using this app to select or not select certain expansions will affect (effect?) a server I'm thinking about making (again)?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:04 pm

the same way turning on or off the settings in settings.lua do

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:13 pm

I don't know how that works either......
kjLotus wrote:the same way turning on or off the settings in settings.lua do

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:41 pm

they remove quests, access to areas, npcs, spells and job abilities associated with that expansion

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:45 pm

This is the best things to happen to your project
kjLotus wrote:they remove quests, access to areas, npcs, spells and job abilities associated with that expansion

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:10 pm

I'm about to go buy a cheap laptop to set a server up.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:56 am

I tried using your stand alone. When I opened it I got an error about needing Net Framework 4.0 to run it. I'm on Win7 Professional and have 4.5 on it already.

It started working anyways though, so I figured maybe my Avast blocked something. So I closed it and ran it again with no warning. Adjusted a few settings, rebuilt server (because I ticked the unlimited auctions), when I started the servers the game server returned a ton of errors from the settings script. When I went in and checked I noticed it doubled lines and tried to separate them with a code I'm not familiar with. So I took away the doubled lines and everything ran smooth.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:21 am

Hmm, sorry about that. When I changed the UI, I might have messed something up. Can you tell me what doubled? Or did you download the last one I put up? With the many, many config forms? I noticed I made a mistake with that, where it was replacing the goldsmithing with smithing. I fixed that problem, or so I thought :o

Anyways, put a warning about the one I know about on the front page, and added digging to the newest release. I suggest re-downloading. And as always, let me know if there are any problems, or if there is anything you can suggest for me to improve (you can also modify and send me a git pull if you want, that is why I release the source code).

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:24 am

Next time I use it, I'll try to remember grabbing a screen or something to show you. I wasn't thiking at the time it happened, I was tired lol.

I'd do a git for you, but I um ... don't know how. I've been winging it when it comes to updating my files. I think I've been flooding the dsp guys with a ton of commits because I do a lot of minor changes.

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:40 pm

I can't get this app to change a single thing on my server. I tried rebuilding the server, making new characters, and restarting the servers.