NaviCat Full Version

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
tagban

NaviCat Full Version

Post by tagban » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:56 am

Just wondering if anyone else here has experience with NaviCat for MySQL (Costs around $30). I decided to grab it, and am sooo glad I did.. It works like a dream, let me "Connect" two server databases together and "Sync" from one to the other one... which is letting me transfer data instantaneously, when I have to move my server in a few days.. Thought it was pretty awesome.

Anyone else use this? Or have any better tips or suggestions? NaviCat Lite doesn't do the trick for me at all.

demolish
Developer

Re: NaviCat Full Version

Post by demolish » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:15 pm

can also use MySQL Workbench, or phpMyAdmin
<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 pm

I've also used navicat's multi database version before, for managing a postgresql database. The "lite" versions were discontinued years ago, so they have not been getting bug fixes and I've seen problems with them...Kind of scary how many ppl from these forums still cling to the old outdated "navicat lite for mysql". Anyone that really likes navicat over all the free options out there (and there are many) should just get the newer pay-to-use version of it.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:22 pm

teotwawki wrote:I've also used navicat's multi database version before, for managing a postgresql database. The "lite" versions were discontinued years ago, so they have not been getting bug fixes and I've seen problems with them...Kind of scary how many ppl from these forums still cling to the old outdated "navicat lite for mysql". Anyone that really likes navicat over all the free options out there (and there are many) should just get the newer pay-to-use version of it.
I think some people are using it because it is included in the step by step of the wiki.
Sadly, I use both it and Heidi.

tagban

Post by tagban » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:39 pm

I LOVE the full version of Navicat. Its clean, and works 10000x better than Lite... Heidi I've looked into as I use Maria DB instead of MySQL.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:49 am

Heid needs some confutation options for its dump output. Badly. I hate its tab use, but its otherwise a nice UI for folks that need a nice UI.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

xelloss

Post by xelloss » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:55 pm

tagban wrote:I LOVE the full version of Navicat. Its clean, and works 10000x better than Lite... Heidi I've looked into as I use Maria DB instead of MySQL.
Navicat has a MariaDB version, but their MySQL version will also work with Maria. I've been using Maria for my DB ( both on Windows and *nix ), and I've used both the paid versions of Navicat ( Maria and MySQL ). The big deal for me is just how much faster it is to use paid Navicat... I can blow through a full database update with my powershell script combinations and Navicat. One file, all done ( unless it needs to modify a character table or the like, gotta do that manually to preserve data ).

Then I use Navicat queries to apply all my specific database changes once the update is done. Takes no time at all.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:38 am

tagban wrote:Just wondering if anyone else here has experience with NaviCat for MySQL (Costs around $30).
Where!? When I looked they wanted to charge 100 bucks :(.

tagban

Post by tagban » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:04 am

Alexandre24

Post by Alexandre24 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:14 pm

99$ base licence, 129$ for the standard and 199$ for the entreprise wahhhhhh. It are crazy! One key generator for linux version? lol