Ashita

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Ashita

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu May 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Delaide wrote:
teotwawki wrote:For anyone else: it does not need to be in same dir, can be anywhere as long as its named pol.exe Ato wasn't disapproving on Legions forum he was saying its not required.

Both windower and ashita allow you to specify both the path to the exe and the exe name, but some 3rd party stuff looks for that file name. The xiloader defaultly shipped with ashita is already renamed.
I want to clarify a little, just in case there is some confusion about my words. I did not mean atom0s disapproved of the use of windower, or anything else. I only meant that he didn't seem to think something related to windower was functioning as it should. So a disapproval either towards the need to rename POL from windower, or the disapproval of an external app not finding the correct window to hook onto. Honestly, I am not clear on what the problem is myself, I just know he had stated that something was not right with the behavior. That is the disapproval, not anything else. It was not meant to knock Atom0s, Ashita, Windower, XILoader, or anything else.

Sorry if someone misunderstood what I actually meant and thought I was judging atom0s' response to the xiclaim, cure please, windower, or ashita.
I had read it as "disapproved of my renaming SE's pol.exe". I just want to clarify that we are both trying to say it was unneeded.

I didn't even realize who wrote the stuff when I said if the plugin expect to find it there its the plugins fault, but it turned out it doesn't care about the path, just the filename, so I posted that info here as well.

So renaming xiloader is correct to make those tools work (tho not needed for windower itself), just the renaming the original pol.exe wasn't.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu May 28, 2015 10:42 pm

Delaide wrote:
teotwawki wrote:For anyone else: it does not need to be in same dir, can be anywhere as long as its named pol.exe Ato wasn't disapproving on Legions forum he was saying its not required.

Both windower and ashita allow you to specify both the path to the exe and the exe name, but some 3rd party stuff looks for that file name. The xiloader defaultly shipped with ashita is already renamed.
I want to clarify a little, just in case there is some confusion about my words. I did not mean atom0s disapproved of the use of windower, or anything else. I only meant that he didn't seem to think something related to windower was functioning as it should. So a disapproval either towards the need to rename POL from windower, or the disapproval of an external app not finding the correct window to hook onto. Honestly, I am not clear on what the problem is myself, I just know he had stated that something was not right with the behavior. That is the disapproval, not anything else. It was not meant to knock Atom0s, Ashita, Windower, XILoader, or anything else.

Sorry if someone misunderstood what I actually meant and thought I was judging atom0s' response to the xiclaim, cure please, windower, or ashita.
it doesn't really matter because ashita isn't officially supported anymore

xelloss

Post by xelloss » Sat May 30, 2015 10:34 am

kjLotus wrote:it doesn't really matter because ashita isn't officially supported anymore
Ashita is still active, it's just the forums / unofficial plugins that are gone. Or do you mean DSPT no longer supports Ashita setups?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat May 30, 2015 1:23 pm

xelloss wrote:
kjLotus wrote:it doesn't really matter because ashita isn't officially supported anymore
Ashita is still active, it's just the forums / unofficial plugins that are gone. Or do you mean DSPT no longer supports Ashita setups?
I mean that we no longer support it since the author will never come on here anymore (I can't guarantee everything will work with Ashita, thus I can't say it's supported)