Ashita

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
Zen

Ashita

Post by Zen » Tue May 19, 2015 6:17 pm

I wanted to ask how to alter the GUI of Ashita 2, and what language it is programmed in? I eventually want to make some changes to it. The plugin menu has caused a lot of problems for the server that I play on. I would like to edit that out if possible.

I would like to also remove Draw Distance from the incorporated plugins as it has caused a number of problems as well.

Delaide

Re: Ashita

Post by Delaide » Tue May 19, 2015 9:09 pm

This is Darkstar Project, not Ashita.

Please go to http://www.ffevo.net/index and discuss there.
(Currently, a configuration file seems messed up at the website, so it doesn't seem to be working, but that will be the proper place once the admins have it back up)

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Wed May 20, 2015 5:42 am

I've been thinking about trying Windower since it'll run servers now. Ashita has recently been acting up and causing a lot of errors in game being spammed in chat logs lol.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed May 20, 2015 7:30 am

Funny, I just joined their forums today and plan to start testing it out.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Thu May 21, 2015 12:23 am

Delaide wrote:Funny, I just joined their forums today and plan to start testing it out.
Ohhh! Please let me know. I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet. I found my old html scripts from when I used it playing retail too lol. Made gear swapping so much easier.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Thu May 21, 2015 4:48 am

It works. I have been able to get cure please and xiclaim to work with it, but it seems we had to do some hacking that Atom0s doesn't agree with. Had to rename the pol.exe and name the xiloader in the same folder to pol.exe, then they started working.

I haven't started playing with plugins and addons yet. Might start a little tonight.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Thu May 21, 2015 5:36 am

Delaide wrote:It works. I have been able to get cure please and xiclaim to work with it, but it seems we had to do some hacking that Atom0s doesn't agree with. Had to rename the pol.exe and name the xiloader in the same folder to pol.exe, then they started working.

I haven't started playing with plugins and addons yet. Might start a little tonight.
So it takes some customizing? I expected that after reading kjlotus' post awhile back about Windower finally being compatible. Think I'll find some time to install it later today and play around with it.

xelloss

Post by xelloss » Fri May 22, 2015 11:55 am

FFEVO lost their hardware and most of the stuff not related to the official Ashita project. You can find a manual d/l to current binaries on the BG forums, but right now FFEVO is contemplating whether or not the forums will ever be restored.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Tue May 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Delaide wrote:It works. I have been able to get cure please and xiclaim to work with it, but it seems we had to do some hacking that Atom0s doesn't agree with. Had to rename the pol.exe and name the xiloader in the same folder to pol.exe, then they started working.

For anyone else: it does not need to be in same dir, can be anywhere as long as its named pol.exe Ato wasn't disapproving on Legions forum he was saying its not required.

Both windower and ashita allow you to specify both the path to the exe and the exe name, but some 3rd party stuff looks for that file name. The xiloader defaultly shipped with ashita is already renamed.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Thu May 28, 2015 3:46 am

teotwawki wrote:For anyone else: it does not need to be in same dir, can be anywhere as long as its named pol.exe Ato wasn't disapproving on Legions forum he was saying its not required.

Both windower and ashita allow you to specify both the path to the exe and the exe name, but some 3rd party stuff looks for that file name. The xiloader defaultly shipped with ashita is already renamed.
I want to clarify a little, just in case there is some confusion about my words. I did not mean atom0s disapproved of the use of windower, or anything else. I only meant that he didn't seem to think something related to windower was functioning as it should. So a disapproval either towards the need to rename POL from windower, or the disapproval of an external app not finding the correct window to hook onto. Honestly, I am not clear on what the problem is myself, I just know he had stated that something was not right with the behavior. That is the disapproval, not anything else. It was not meant to knock Atom0s, Ashita, Windower, XILoader, or anything else.

Sorry if someone misunderstood what I actually meant and thought I was judging atom0s' response to the xiclaim, cure please, windower, or ashita.