Flying Tiamat

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Flying Tiamat

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:04 pm

Found the AnimationSub() LUA binding and tossed it in a simple GM command.

http://imgur.com/jRfaoUY

1 is flying, 2 is wings raised if I remember right. There seems to be a limit of 4 animationsubs, since every multiple of 4 (and 0) will start the loop again.

Mammets are controlled the same way. 1 is sword, 2 is halberd, 3 is club. 0/4 is hands.

AnimationSub 1 and 2 will set the element of the empty mob between the two available for that model.

The only issues I've had so far is that mobs like Phuabo and Yovra will only appear to the client after they've moved. Antlions can also be controlled the same way, although I wasn't very successful in getting Lioumere to appear and be targetable.

I don't know if I saw a command to retrieve a mob's sub animation, but it seems like some of the more intensive ones should be handled by the core where it's more easily accessed anyway.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: Flying Tiamat

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:43 am

An offhand complaint about dynamis statues not having glowing eyes led to experiments.
Attachments
Statues.png

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:09 am

Now just make them have the correct eye color for the correct type of statue :P

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Yeah, that would be slightly more time consuming than 3:30 AM would have allowed. Animationsub is set at the pool level, so I'll have to fragment all the statues into their own pools and groups.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 pm

PrBlahBlahtson wrote:Yeah, that would be slightly more time consuming than 3:30 AM would have allowed. Animationsub is set at the pool level, so I'll have to fragment all the statues into their own pools and groups.
or add an animationsub override further down (probably at the point where you determine what kind of statue it is: my memory of the mobs hierarchy is failing right now)

or just move animationsub if it makes more sense somewhere else

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:22 pm

That's suggesting I know how, kjLotus :) I did try setting it with mob:AnimationSub() in the OnMobSpawn, but for whatever reason, that didn't work.

GalkaSmash

Post by GalkaSmash » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Tiamat lands and flies on two-minute intervals. However, a phase change will be forced after 10,000 damage is dealt, regardless of the time spent in its current phase. (Note: If Mighty Strikes is active while Tiamat is on the ground, she will not fly under any circumstances until the duration of Mighty Strikes has expired. Nor will Tiamat use any TP abilities during Mighty Strikes.)
I think the same goes for Jormungand and Ouryu, wings up means mighty strikes is active as well, although I forget the timer on this for mobs you could set it to trigger at 5% intervals or so which seems about right.
Only spell she should cast is Firaga III and Blaze Spikes, and her auto-regen should be high perhaps around Regen 3(28/3) or Regen 5(40/3)or(68/3).
Also -50% damage from magic and ranged attacks.
wandering the real world for awhile until I figure out where to hand in this damn quest, orz.