Quest : The Setting Sun

Demonium

Quest : The Setting Sun

Post by Demonium » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi!

This is my first quest, so, don't be too harsh on me. hehe. It's for the NPC named Vamorcote, in Northern San d'Oria, near the crafts guild.
The quest works very fine, except for one thing. Once we accept the quest, and we speak again to the NCP, it's seem to have a blank space where we should send as a parameter the quest Item. After trying, it doesn't work. But the rest is fine, and this little problem doesn't compromise the workflow or the understanding of what to do.
But it could be helpfull to pass as parameter the quest item, since the item doesn't appear in the quest log.
But there's still ffxiclopedia and Allakhazam :)

Thanks and have a good testing!

p.s. : any constructive comments are more than welcome.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Attachments
Vamorcote.lua.patch
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

Demonium

Re: Quest : The Setting Sun

Post by Demonium » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:08 am

I opened a ticket, so we will keep track of this.
The script may need modifications in order to work 100%, but I think the script can be modified later after the update; the quest works very fine, it's just a minor adjustment.
Thanks for reading the ticket and the patch.

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:45 pm

what param position did u try? there are 7

so it could be csid,1,2,3,4,5,6,7

where 1-7 could all possibly be the position that you need to place the itemID to pass.

Demonium

Post by Demonium » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:28 am

ohh, didn't know it could go to 7. I'll try that tonight. By the way, is there any way that we can see what dialog a npc can have except from what's writtent in DarkStar wiki? Like a second source to confirm what's on the wiki.
Thanks