droptype

dragonarmor

droptype

Post by dragonarmor » Mon May 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this but, in the mob_droplist table what is the meaning of droptype column? I see 0, 2 and 4

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: droptype

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon May 15, 2017 9:56 pm

https://github.com/DarkstarProject/dark ... tils.h#L45

https://github.com/DarkstarProject/dark ... .lua#L1823

Code: Select all

DROP_NORMAL  = 0x00
DROP_GROUPED = 0x01
DROP_STEAL   = 0x02
DROP_DESPOIL = 0x04
Note groups and despoil aren't even implemented yet
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

dragonarmor

Post by dragonarmor » Mon May 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Much appreciated thanks for the Info!

dragonarmor

Post by dragonarmor » Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 am

Is there a hard limit on the number of drops allowed per mob? Seems if I add to many the server hangs on startup "loading items"

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat May 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Not really*, there is an overall limit to drop IDs which can be expanded with a tiny edit in a header file but not per-mob limit. Even then it wouldn't hang the server. Sometimes in debug mode with all zone son one map server it can take a very long time to load up, and appear hung. It should either eventually finish or crash out trying.

I would advise against putting a large number of drops on one mob however, the treasure pool can hold I think (without looking) 10 and that has to fit not just what your mob drops but also any global drops like seals, crystals, etc. We don't have them done yet but eventually geodes/avatarites as well. This is another reason its important I eventually get DROP_GROUPED working, so multiple items can share a slot with only one of them actually dropping into the pool, without work arounds hard coded in the core (seals) or scripted per mob (mee degi, king behemoth, etc).

*there it probably some upper maximum defined by the integer size used in the core, that we should never even come close to hitting
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

dragonarmor

Post by dragonarmor » Sat May 20, 2017 11:25 pm

I see. thank you for the explanation that helps clear a few things up for me.