NM Drops

NekoNinja

NM Drops

Post by NekoNinja » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:49 am

Hello
After searching the forum a bit I have decided to ask this question to the public on here.

What I want to know is how I can alter what an NM Drops and how to buff the rare ex drops it already has. For example:

1)
Swamfisk - drops gelong staff
How can I alter the stats on the item for ex. Add refresh

2)
What if I want swamfisk to drop say a jewel of voyage

I am trying to leave the game mostly intact but want to introduce a NM focused concept for obtaining better gear etc..

Any help appreciated!

whasf
Site Admin

Re: NM Drops

Post by whasf » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:28 am

The database table mob_droplist is what you want. You need to find the group for the monster you want to modify, that is in the mob_groups table. That table is tied to the mob_pools table.
-- Whasf

NekoNinja

Post by NekoNinja » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks Whasf I will mess with this today!

The only other thing I wanted to know was adjusting stats on the drops I would assume it's done in a similar way however I did try it by finding a weapon (almogavar bow) in the weapon_list and changing the DMG and delay in the table but when I got back in the game and tested it the stats were still stock

I made the changes with navicat I didn't really mess with it after that but I am sure I'm missing something there

Btw this project is really cool and a lot of fun not only do I love XI this is a really cool way to learn scripting etc. Which I have always wanted to do

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:35 pm

NekoNinja wrote:Thanks Whasf I will mess with this today!

The only other thing I wanted to know was adjusting stats on the drops I would assume it's done in a similar way however I did try it by finding a weapon (almogavar bow) in the weapon_list and changing the DMG and delay in the table but when I got back in the game and tested it the stats were still stock

I made the changes with navicat I didn't really mess with it after that but I am sure I'm missing something there

Btw this project is really cool and a lot of fun not only do I love XI this is a really cool way to learn scripting etc. Which I have always wanted to do
The UI "stats" won't change as that is hard-coded in the client, but it should show your modified behavior (lower delay, etc). Be sure to restart the game server after you modify the database though as those tables are read on server start up.
-- Whasf

NekoNinja

Post by NekoNinja » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:00 am

Whasf, thank you, I have figured this out thanks for pointing me in the right direction.. for anyone else that reads this topic the tables have mulitple pages... Lol felt dumb when I realized this. navicat is your friend making changes to drops seems rudimentary now