Boat NM's and Spawn Conditions

NekoNinja

Boat NM's and Spawn Conditions

Post by NekoNinja » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Hello,
I have a question about the NM's that pop on the ships and boats. I dont want to waste time looking into this if it is not possible. What I want know is are boat NMs poppable via @command? if not are they stock in the stock DSP server to pop as they would in retail? I dont want to ride the boat 10000 times if not needed. i tried riding the boat and using the @spawnmob command but nothing happened sadly :( I did notice in the files that there are a bunch of NMs with no coordinates i am guessing this is why they werent spawning for example:

INSERT INTO `mob_spawn_points` VALUES (17707025,'Blackbeard','Blackbeard',10458,0,0,0,0)

another example is

INSERT INTO `mob_spawn_points` VALUES (17424475,'Ixtab','Ixtab',8390,0,0,0,0)

that wont spawn with the @command

The reason I ask is I am learning how all of this stuff works and my favorite thing in the game was hunting NM's
all of the advanced stuff is pointless to me at my current level as i am no expert in lua so I wanted to start by making custom commands to share on here that will pop all the NM's in a given zone at once
ex.
@westronfaurenm would pop
Amanita
Jaggedy-eared Jack
Fungus Beetle

or even do it by region @kuzotz etc. since i want to participate in the project in some way and I am not as capable as a lot of the cool stuff i have seen on here and in private servers i thought having these commands would be fun

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Boat NM's and Spawn Conditions

Post by whasf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:30 pm

If the position is set to 0,0,0,0 then it's not spawnable. Look to see how King Arthro works (hint: delayed spawn)
-- Whasf

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:51 pm

I have a question about the NM's that pop on the ships and boats.
Just so you know there are 2 copies of the boats going too/from Selbina/Mhaura. Only 1 version of each gets pirates. So we need some changes to make the map server decide which version of the boat you are getting tossed to when its pirate time, but nobody has tackled that yet.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

jono659

Post by jono659 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 pm

In Mhaura zone.lua Create a Random number (pirates say) and

if ((pirates) > 80) then
pzone = 227; -- Pirate boat
else pzone = 220; -- normal boat
end
if (csid == 200) then
local DepartureTime = VanadielHour();
if (DepartureTime % 8 == 0) then
player:setPos(0,0,0,0,pzone); -- Boat to Selbina / Pirates

In event finish

You will need to place the pirate ship next to the ferry using x y z in the NPC setting for it to stay. To find it getid of one of the NPCs on the boat 227/228 and lood around their posion the pirate boat name is a musical note. I used wallhack and did !pos where I thought the pirate ship should be.

You will then want to create 2 new folders like Ship_bound_for_Mhaura_Pirates by copying the original, finally you want to copy the 2 records in transport make them say 18 and 19 and add the zone at the end.