fellow npc - pet or trust

lion85xx

fellow npc - pet or trust

Post by lion85xx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:37 am

hello everyone i have read allaround the forum i know someone have find a way for using in their server a custom versiono of fellow npc or trust i have made my personal server i realy want to use fellow npc or trust npc if someone can share his work about that i'm able to pay thank you !

lion85xx

Re: fellow npc - pet or trust

Post by lion85xx » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:57 am

at least any help to make a gm command for call a pet ? i have modify the job ability call_beat and now i can summon any pet with any job but thta require to cancel the primary key from ability table if anyone help me to make a gm command for summon pet ... thank u

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:35 am

There's some code for instancing allies but right now isn't set up to be usable outside of battlefields in the project. Some servers have fakes npc helpers by using modified pet objects and tacking on and adding to the AI of existing pet types. Its honestly harder to describe than to actually do, once you understand the language and learn your way around the function calls. This post is the most help I have time to give for now, I have to reinstall pretty much all my software.

Try something like this maybe, changing the pet ID to another one added to the list (see the "require" lines? go look in those files as well)

Code: Select all

-- ID: 14656
-- Poseidon's Ring
-- This earring functions in the same way as the spell Water Spirit.
-- Uses: 50
-----------------------------------------
require("scripts/globals/summon");
require("scripts/globals/status");
require("scripts/globals/pets");

-- OnItemCheck

function onItemCheck(target)
    return 0;
end;
-- OnItemUse

function onItemUse(target)
    target:spawnPet(PET_WATER_SPIRIT);
end;
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

sunzhiheng888

Post by sunzhiheng888 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:33 am

lion85xx wrote:at least any help to make a gm command for call a pet ? i have modify the job ability call_beat and now i can summon any pet with any job but thta require to cancel the primary key from ability table if anyone help me to make a gm command for summon pet ... thank u

Hello, my friend. I've been looking for this method. Consult me. Thank you, mnnk /THF. I can't use it properly. Please send the tutorial to my mail.

lion85xx

Post by lion85xx » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:49 am

thanks TeoTwawki i have copy your scripts in Poseidon_Ring.lua and put in darkstar\scripts\globals\items but when i use the ring in-game it don't work "unable to use ecc.."

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:16 pm

See item_usable.sql
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

lion85xx

Post by lion85xx » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:45 pm

any news about fellow or trust npc ?

arashikage

Post by arashikage » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Does anyone have any leads on code for Trusts? I'd be interested in trying to code them all, and contribute to the project.

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:51 pm

TeoTwawki wrote:There's some code for instancing allies but right now isn't set up to be usable outside of battlefields in the project. Some servers have fakes npc helpers by using modified pet objects and tacking on and adding to the AI of existing pet types.
This is exactly what my server uses for Trusts and it can be a total PITA because each trust added needs its own AI with their own timers. I didn't want to use the basic randomization of abilities and weaponskills for Trusts, so I actually programmed specific AI for each Trust so that they do specific things. For instance, the most complex AI that I currently have programmed is Ulmia because she has to decide things in this order at the start of a fight:

1 - Is the Master (player) a melee or mage job? If the player is a melee job, look at their stats to determine what songs are needed most (There are 6 different song combinations based on the players stats vs monsters). If the player is a mage job, look at Ulmia's own stats (given stats similar to melee's) to determine what song combos are needed for the melees in the group
2 - Run to the front line, cast the appropriate melee songs
3 - Run to the backline cast double ballad if at the correct level
4 - Start debuffing the mob (Slow, Requiem, Dia)
5 - Tossing cures to party members when needed
6 - Once the timers on the original melee songs begin to wear off, run to the front line and repeat the process

Programming the AI from scratch though gives you flexibility for Trusts such as making Nanaa Mihgo always stand behind the mob and only use Sneak Attack if the mob isn't facing her or having her wait to use Sneak Attack if she is close to 100% TP so she can pair it with a WS. The most difficult thing to do is getting Trusts to Skillchain with each other which currently I have three Trusts that can combo Light and Darkness right now and slowly expanding out.

You can see a demo of my server's Trust AI version 2.0 in my sig (I am now on Trust AI version 3.0 with a total of 12 Trusts)

As far as the code, I don't really give it out right now because:

A) It's a mess
B) It needs to be optimized
C) There are still some bugs (Heath information doesn't update as often as it should)
D) It's based off DSP code from 2015 before the AI refactor and is no way compatible with the current builds.

My server is pretty much beta and been running for a while for people to play on, but I don't advertise it too much because I am still patching it frequently.

lion85xx

Post by lion85xx » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:56 pm

for example using working npc like prishe any help plz ^^