CSIDs

daiiawn

CSIDs

Post by daiiawn » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:40 am

Heya, just installed the server (did have it installed 4-5 years ago, so not my first time looking through it). Just wondering how you go about getting CSid's that arnt already listed on the wiki (or have changed). Do you need to connect to retail and monitor your traffic to see whats being sent to the server when you access a cs/menu, or is there another way?

I'm specifically looking for the Curio Vendor Moogle menu in port windurst (and also sandy/bastok if they turn out to be different) and dont really fancy going in to port windy blind as there seems to be a huge range of cs id's

Also how would I go about getting ModelIds when adding new mobs in to the db?

bluesolarflare

Re: CSIDs

Post by bluesolarflare » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:02 pm

There is a program that was posted by someone here on the forum called AutoEventID.

It gives you an excel list of the NPC list path and event ID .DAT files. You simply open up the input text file and enter in the correct parameters, save, then run the javascript file and it will output a file for that specific zone. It will list all of the CS/Menu ID's for each NPC in the zone.

daiiawn

Post by daiiawn » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:12 am

Thanks, thats a huge help, it should make setting up the Curio moogle trivial now, with the exception of the KIs, which im hoping I can figure out.
Any advice on CS' that have multiple params? Is it just trial and error (without retail) to figure out what each param does?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:50 am

Trial and error
-- Whasf

daiiawn

Post by daiiawn » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:41 am

Ok cool, I was able to do the KIs for Curio moogle via trial and error, so hopefully it doesnt get much more complicated. The teleports in abyssea looked fairly complex the first time I looked at them, hopefully now It will make more sense now I've done the Curio moogle one.

What about techniques for finding modelids of mobs? Trial and Error or is there a way I can get the modelid using something like altana viewer?

**Edit I know how to go from a costume ID to a mobelid, just wondering if there is a way to work out the costume id which is better than my current method of running !costume x in a loop and watching for the model I want)

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:13 pm

I don't know if POLUtils will show model IDs, you may have to brute force that too.
-- Whasf