New Server looking for some help :)

legionffxi

New Server looking for some help :)

Post by legionffxi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:43 am

NEW SERVER COMING SOON! LegionFFXI

We wanted to get a post out and let everyone know about the project we have been working on. Right now our team consists of 3 people so things are a bit slow; but we hope to go live in around 4 weeks. Our goal is to have a 99 cap server that isn’t super buffed and releases regular scheduled version updates bringing new gear and content. We feel that this will help us maintain a solid player base over time instead of just transient traffic. Especially since some of our HNM are designed for a full Alliance. All this being said, and with the scope of our project and the small size of our team, we wanted to see if anyone with project experience wants to jump in and be a part of our team.

Some of the more important server highlights are as follows:
• Level cap 99
• Maps and OP Unlocked
• Explorer Moogle 3 cities, Selbina, Mahura, Lower Jeuno
• Custon transport to SoA and Legion
• EXP 3x Retail
• Books 2x Retail
• Combat and crafting skills 9x Retail
• Small regen/refresh/regain with buff
• Working Legion!
• Working Beseiged.
• Growing SoA content.
• Over 200 Custom NM’s geared for 99 players up to Multi-Alliance Mobs.
• 9 Custom Aby Zones for EXP and HNM. With working custom ATMA and Lights, all geared for 99 play
• ALL Blue Magic working.
• Fully functional PUP.
• Custom Trials and Quests for Salvage and +1/AF3 +1-2/Empy/Relic/Mythic(and upgrades)
• Custom KSNM
• Regular scheduled version updates to introduce new gear and content.
• Moderately buffed food… Nothing insane!
• Enabled player commands
• Stocked AH linked to FFXI AH

This is a NO DONATION project and won’t be a 99 in a day server. We are running on a dedicated server and line. We want this to be a long running project and a great experience for players and staff alike. We would love to open up our team to right individuals and get even more accomplished. If this sounds like something you may be interested in please reach out through the forums here so we can talk further and get you some more information.

Server Hardware Information:
Windows Server 2k8R2
Dual Quad Core Xeon 3.0 Ghz processors
16GB DDR3
6x 150gb 15k RPM SAS Drives running a Raid 5 Array

atom0s
Developer

Re: New Server looking for some help :)

Post by atom0s » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 pm

It's such a shame seeing servers like this pop up and brag about features that are not even implemented into DSP.
So nice to see people contribute back to the project...

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:15 pm

atom0s wrote:It's such a shame seeing servers like this pop up and brag about features that are not even implemented into DSP.
you just have to realize that "working xxx" usually doesn't mean much :p

legionffxi

Post by legionffxi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:19 pm

atom0s wrote:It's such a shame seeing servers like this pop up and brag about features that are not even implemented into DSP.
Or maybe perhaps we just have not made the posts to Github yet? You are awfully judgmental without asking where in the project we are as opposed to offering support. There is still bugs in the code, and when reading the contributions you guys specifically stated in your last updates that things were on hold due to to many bugs. We have no problems releasing what we have when it is fully ready, this is why we are asking for additional help as work and family come first. This is a hobby on both sides of the fence, and when things are completed correctly they will be released.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:12 pm

legionffxi wrote:
Or maybe perhaps we just have not made the posts to Github yet? You are awfully judgmental without asking where in the project we are as opposed to offering support. There is still bugs in the code, and when reading the contributions you guys specifically stated in your last updates that things were on hold due to to many bugs. We have no problems releasing what we have when it is fully ready, this is why we are asking for additional help as work and family come first. This is a hobby on both sides of the fence, and when things are completed correctly they will be released.
i'm excited to read it when it's released, then (though i would love to see it as it develops!)

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:30 pm

legionffxi wrote:
Given the history of server posts on this forum, and related around our project, that involve posts that include features that are not already implemented into DSP, yes I am judgmental because 99% of the time those servers do not contribute back to the project. There have been a handful of servers that have fixed various bugs, implemented various content, etc. that are all within the scope of the project and yet, never once contributed back to the project.

So yes when posts like this come up on the forum I am skeptical and judgmental since not once in your post did you mention anything about working with the team or contributing back.

legionffxi

Post by legionffxi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:12 pm

atom0s wrote:
legionffxi wrote:
Given the history of server posts on this forum, and related around our project, that involve posts that include features that are not already implemented into DSP, yes I am judgmental because 99% of the time those servers do not contribute back to the project. There have been a handful of servers that have fixed various bugs, implemented various content, etc. that are all within the scope of the project and yet, never once contributed back to the project.

So yes when posts like this come up on the forum I am skeptical and judgmental since not once in your post did you mention anything about working with the team or contributing back.
But Atmos posting is also a 2 way street. In our defense you immediately came to judgmental terms without asking or inquiring anything about a project looking and asking for assistance. Especially when you yourself hold a reputation for being anti anything after COP. Had you asked rather then accused based on things others have done, we would have told you from the get go we had no problems with sharing or collaborating and helping push the overall project forward. Also if we had not released the server to the public yet especially since it is content dedicated directly to our server for others to enjoy why would you assume we would release it to the world before even bringing our server live? We asked for volunteers to help bring the project to light and you were the one that attacked us based on things others have done.

Please also keep in mind this was posted in the scripting section and not the free public server section because we assumed being here it would be taken as an effort to collaborate.

Now if you want to collaborate and build a proper database for mobs that were fixed, spells that now work, or core changes that were made to make jobs ready and available to work I have no problems sitting down and saying ok this is what we have what do you recommend or this is what we recommend. But I will certainly not sit her and justify why we are choosing to release or do things as we are when I feel you are attacking us for no reason. I apologize if I am jumping to assumptions but I really do feel as if your post was an attack on us for no reason. I have no further want to clutter the forums with he said or she said so if you would like to continue this discussion in a civil manner please send me a PM on the forums and I will be more then happy to continue this discussion in that medium.

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:50 pm

legionffxi wrote:Especially when you yourself hold a reputation for being anti anything after COP.
Lol.. me myself holding this reputation? The project as a whole is focused towards maintaining and developing a server that works up to and including Chains of Promothia. This is not my guideline or something I set in stone, it is something that is a known objective and milestone for the project that has been set by the project as a whole months ago, even before I was part of the team. I simply try and enforce it to encourage those working on things that are not part of that guideline to work on things that focus on the projects desired outcome for now.

kernel

Post by kernel » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:16 am

DaFunk's server is a good example to this situation too. Looks like they have everything working / implemented including all NPCs, Quests, Missions, High end 99 adoulin Gear and Expansions seem to work. I'm "sure" they're contributing their fixes to the Darkstar Development Team.......... lol

tagban

Post by tagban » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:40 am

The entire point is that the core group of developers primary focus was up to and including cop but they encourage others to contribute. The only reason not to is selfishness. Or the code is band-aided together to force things to work. I've submitted three things and all got approved. Any server not contributing is just hurting the overall project by holding things back.