Mob TP list - Sheep Song crash server?

Minipilen

Mob TP list - Sheep Song crash server?

Post by Minipilen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Hey!

I'm new to scripting, I've only done a few simple ones but I want to learn more and be able to contribute. I heard that there were alot of mob tp moves that wasn't scripted and I looked over the _currentMobTpListand found the ones that wasn't scripted.

I started with the first in the list that wasnt scripted and that was Sheep Song. When I was done and wanted to try it out, the script crashed the server. I simplified it just to be sure it wasn't my script but still the server crashed.

Since there were alot of other scripts in the list after Sheep song that was scripted. Is there a core problem to Sheep Song and Sleep TP moves overall?
Do we have a list of mobtp moves that you can't script because of core/database problems?

Best regards,

Minipilen

Minipilen

Re: Mob TP list - Sheep Song crash server?

Post by Minipilen » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:14 am

BUMP

No one knows about sheep song? If it got a bug I can skip it and try script some other TP moves :-)

Ezekyel
Developer

Post by Ezekyel » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:44 am

Yes we can't script sleep TP Move atm, it's not implemented
New Gilgamesh Server --> http://gilgamesh.servegame.com

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:20 am

Sleep is surprisingly complicated because it messes with mob AI.

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Yeah, currently sleep is a big no when applying it to mobs. Thats one of the reasons it was skipped. I am actually rebuilding that current list of moves as it appears people have been commiting moves and not marking them off, and someone found more action IDs for the database of the moves. I actually built a big part of the mob tp moves and even made a script that you can run that will auto build all of the moves if you put the list of names in a file. A recent change two days ago by one of the new core devs is making me revise my mobTPmove maker and revise old scripts but once I get the new revision I would be happy to send it to you and show you how to use it. really it does 80% of the work and you jsut have to read it over to check that it didn't put the wrong info in the script and test the actual move.

I also tweaked my server for people to test all mob tp moves if anyone ever decided to help me with the task of making the moves. I just got back on the project a few days ago and started trying to knock all these out. From what I am told I am also going to be the new go-to guy for scripting so feel free to PM i'd love to help you get the hang of making scripts.