Can we change EM to EP to gain Skills

kennxonline

Can we change EM to EP to gain Skills

Post by kennxonline » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:40 am

Is there a way for us to change the type of mob level to gain skill ups?

currently my server is set at Even Match to gain skill ups.

I want it set to Easy match/DC

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Can we change EM to EP to gain Skills

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:09 am

Would requires either source edits or boosting the base exp (both methods would effect every mob).

broken link

I'd just try to change the requirements to trigger a skill up instead.
broken link

Might be a simpler way to handle..If so I'm sure someone with an idea how will pop up shortly.
Last edited by TeoTwawki on Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

kennxonline

Post by kennxonline » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:23 am

If i changed the second one, what would I change in there im pretty confused on what to set.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:31 am

I screwed up my links..at the time I pointed directly to the correct line for you to start learning how to do this, but I didn't make sure I was pointing at that revision it was at - the files have changed and now a different thing is at those lines in the current file. Bleh.

I don't even remember wtf my 2 suggestions entailed doing but I think you can adjust this part of TrySkillUP()

Code: Select all

dsp_min(PChar->GetMLevel(), lvl))
lvl is the monsters level here. If the player (thats PChar, shorthand for pointer to the character object) has a level less than the monster level, you can skillup. So we can't exactly just say "easy prey or better" becaus eits not really "event match or better" to start with - that just happened to amount to the same thing there, in reality its checking the levels. You may wondering what the difference is. Well, the line between easy prey and too weak changes rather than being fixed in stone from 1 to 99. I think when I posted before I was under the mistaken impression the actual /check value was being used rather than the monster level. From what I see in TrySkillUp() its not.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS