/JA Scripting Question

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

/JA Scripting Question

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:17 pm

How do I send a message to any "nearby players" with job abilities? :V Example: Whitemage casts Cure. /n Target recovers 32 HP.

I've been trying to script Curing Waltz I-IV and Divine Waltz. I've tried using player:messageBasic(306,190,final);, but the message ends up with two issues:
- Uses caster's name for <player> and <target>
- Message only displays to caster

I'm guessing the latter is because I'm using player:messageBasic, and I'm not sure what subject I can use to invoke messageBasic.

The former, I'm not as sure about. There are other message IDs, but many aren't applicable, and have the same issue.

102 -- Seems to work like 306, not sure why I skipped it.
103 -- WSs.
122 -- Self only.
238 -- WSs.
318 -- Seems to work like 306

I'm guessing that the animations are a packet issue, which is even further beyond my grasp. I'd like to at least offer the scripts for now, since they account for Waltz potency and other factors, and should be relatively complete, but it's just sloppy to use scripts that aren't handling messages properly.

And if I'm wrong about the animations, and we just have to find the ID... well, point me in the right direction and I guess I just reboot my Game_server a ton until I find the animations. :V

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: /JA Scripting Question

Post by bluekirby0 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:37 pm

For proper message handling, dancer abilities will need to have a basic framework implemented in the core. Using the LUA functions, you can only send messages to one specific entity (usually the player).

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: /JA Scripting Question

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:38 am

Bummer.

Well, I also discovered that using /ja skips the check for TP and shared recast that the menus normally enforce, so these definitely would be imbalanced if I offered them, regardless. :lol: