Ru'Avitau Gate

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Ru'Avitau Gate

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:00 am

I submit this with the understanding that it may be passed over, and I'll admit I'm not entirely happy with what I produced. It's not retail perfect, but for the same reason that Pincerstones aren't, I'm betting. It makes it possible to get through the door, though.

Adds NPC ID 17310024 to npc_list.sql. It will be invisible, targetable, and right where it was on ProjectXI, at least. If it's moved in the last 2 years, then I apologize.

Adds Ruavitau_Gate.lua. Proper retail behavior would be for the door to open, so that the player can walk in. I'm 99% certain that the door opens the same way that Pincerstones glow/open+close, or teleporters appear and disappear, which is to say "we can't do that yet", or so I'm assuming. I fuzzed animations at a Pincerstone up to 80 and got nothing out of them, other than briefly killing it and giving it a fishing pole. In place of proper behavior, I used "player:setPos(-40.005,-3.398,-232, 191, 0xB2)", which is exactly what the zone line behind the door would do. It does zone you on activation, and without a prompt, which I'm not 100% okay with, but I can't see a way to fix that short of discovering how to open that door.

Data:
ProjectXI had two NPCs, 17310013 and 17310012, both at the same coordinates. Internally, they were named _3m3 and _3m1. They do not have .lua scripts that correspond to them. By default, both NPCs are using animation 9 (Closed door.) In POLUtils, those IDs now belong to Treasure Caskets, although 1082147 (17310023) is an unnamed NPC that may correspond to the old 17310012. However, using PXI's Flag (1) and Unknown (6147) led to 17310024 being untargetable.

If I botched it, then I'll be happy to follow general instructions on fixing it, or I hope it's useful to someone else who can finish the work.
Attachments
Ruavitau_Gate.patch
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 207 times

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: Ru'Avitau Gate

Post by bluekirby0 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:21 pm

I'd like to see this fixed myself, but we'll have to wait until we can figure out what is going on with the doors in retail. For now, you can enter the zone as though you were going to Kirin and take the porter past his spawn area to get to the area you would normally find behind this gate.