@cs question

Anthos

@cs question

Post by Anthos » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Recently I have been messing around with scripting, admitadly most of it beyond my abilties. but thought it be fun to try quest 'The Road to Aht Urhgan' (nice easy 1 to start with! lol) so my kids had new area to explore on my test server. I have been using the guide 'How to make a quest' but the problem i getting is when i do @cs I find the right 1 and just after it askes to select an option (beginer, Intermediate or advanced) the game just gets stuck in cs, and the same if i put cs in a *.lua file. I have to @zone to cancel it.
Am i missing something or does something have to be done in core (which im not even gonna attepted to change!)
Sorry if im being a bit of a noob.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: @cs question

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Not quite certain where you're running into trouble in the process.

You need an onTrigger and startEvent to start the process, which I'm guessing you already grasped.

You're getting to the menu, and it sounds like that's where you're getting hung up. I'm not familiar with that particular quest's "flow" on the scripting side, but you'll probably need an onEventFinish for the different options, which processed into another startEvent or similar process.

For a good example to work off of, try /zones/Chateau_dOraguille/npcs/Curilla.lua. 0x0037 is related to The General's Secret, and has a "yes/no" prompt.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:42 am

Some events require up to 8 parameters (from what I've seen), and exclusion of a parameter it expects can lead to problems (see the avatar quest turn-in events for an example). These parameters are always numeric and are often item IDs or gil amounts, but can sometimes be unique to the cutscene. Try using 1 or more "1" values after the event ID in your @cs call and see what kind of effect it has. You can further experiment from there until you understand the effect that each parameter has and how to manipulate them correctly.

Anthos

Post by Anthos » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:48 am

Ok sorry a bit sketchy on details. Ill try and expand.
as a GM I did a @cs command to find he right cs for the quest.
The 1st CS for quest (0x247e) was already in Faursel.lua but doesnt do anything in script for quest.
The 2nd CS I found using the GM commad @cs 10063
The CS plays fine and I get the 3 options, select 3rd option and CS carrys on to next part that then gives you another set of options for which items You need to collect to get the bording pass. Its here that things go wrong. which ever option you select, it gives you the right part of the cs for each list except when it gets to the end of the dialogue nothing happens and I get stuck in the CS. there are follow on CS for each option so in the Faursel.lua option I added in onEventFinish
if (csid == 0x274f) then
player:startEvent(0x2750);
Just to see if it play that CS after any of the options being selected but I still stay stuck in CS.
I dont get any error messages in game server window but I do get this warning: [warning] server need NPC <17780901>

I hope that makes more sense, this is all new to me and probably not the best quest to start with.
Thanks for the help and sorry if im wasting your time.

Anthos

Post by Anthos » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:50 am

Just seen bluekirby0 post above, Ill go and try that out see what happens thanks.