New to scripting quest

Demonium

New to scripting quest

Post by Demonium » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi guys!

I have a question regarding the "How to Make a Quest" tutorial. I'm good at coding, but can't understand something writen for the first part of the break down.
Verifications are triggered upon the "trade" with the NPC. Then, it looks for the "Flyers for Regine" quest active. If so, we count and look for item traded. Then, here is my problem.
According to the script (and the explanation), if we trade 1 item, and the item is a MagicFlyer, then, the NPC refuses the flyer.
Why does he refuse the flyer? It does not seem right. The quest is active, and we trade the good item and the right number of flyer.

Thanks for your advices; I just want to start the right way.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: New to scripting quest

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:43 am

Nogelle isn't supposed to accept a flier. I haven't tested in retail, but I imagine most of the NPCs will refuse the flier, if offered.

Does that answer suitably?

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:37 am

Yes, in short there are certain NPCs that are supposed to accept the flyer and most will reject it. If you look up the quest on FFxiclopedia, you will see that Nogelle is not supposed to accept a flier.

Demonium

Post by Demonium » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Ohh, I see. Some can not accept the flyer, but some can not accept it and must answer something. That's why some NPC (most of San d'Oria) will say something when we try to trade the flyer with them and refuse it, and NPC outside of San d'Oria won't answer anything.
It's more clear, now.
Thanks!

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:23 pm

No problem :D