item_basic.sql additions

TeoTwawki
Developer

item_basic.sql additions

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Outdated, removed, and no new versions nor the other files to go with it will be posted here due to the decision to not accept posted contribs anymore, sorry, wasn't my choice. All that is done by git now.

Also somewhat disappointed how it was often difficult to tell weather someones work they shared back to the project was rejected or ignored or simply not noticed, since often reason or feedback were not posted.
Last edited by TeoTwawki on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: item_basic.sql additions

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Any problems/mistakes/other feedback? This has been live in my working copy for a few months now, haven't had issues.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding

secondplanet

Post by secondplanet » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Hello, I'm new to this and was wondering how to update the current file to use these? Or do i just copy and paste over what you gave out?
thanks

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:53 pm

secondplanet wrote:Hello, I'm new to this and was wondering how to update the current file to use these? Or do i just copy and paste over what you gave out?
thanks
check out how SVN apply patch works, should answer your question

secondplanet

Post by secondplanet » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Thank you >^.^< but now i have some red dots on my files, do i need to update or commit them?
thanks again.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:12 pm

secondplanet wrote:Thank you >^.^< but now i have some red dots on my files, do i need to update or commit them?
thanks again.
IIRC, the red dot means the file is modified - that it's different from the repository version you pulled it from. that's ok, it's exactly what you were trying to do

secondplanet

Post by secondplanet » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:42 pm

sorry last question, do i need to do anything else afterwards, like with Navicat?
thanks again your a big help ^^;

killeon

Post by killeon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:17 am

Yes, you must run that SQL in Navicat and then restart the server for changes to take effect. Do it by right clicking on 'Tables' at the top left and choosing 'Execute SQL File...' then just browse for the file.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:28 am

I should have mentioned in the OP I guess but keep in mind that some of the items this will put in your AH list aren't going to be fully functional without matching data in other places (for example item_mods.sql).

(Which I haven't finished cleaning custom non retail junk out of yet so I haven't shared.)

Sinsa

Post by Sinsa » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Thank you for this. Will prove very helpful. : )