Advanced Configurations

thrydwolf

Re: Advanced Configurations

Post by thrydwolf » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Now that I am looking at the code, I don't see that there IS ANY delay that is introduced by equipping a ranged weapon. Testing out DSP with a single macro for equipping and attaching also shows that there is no delay with clean DSP clean code:

Code: Select all

/equip Range Boomerang
/ra <t>
I also cannot find any reference to any Ranged delay on Retail from equipping a ranged weapon.

In short, I removed the config option for ranged delay here is the updated patch (still based on 1847). Please see the 1st post for the patch/details. Thanks!!
Last edited by thrydwolf on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thrydwolf

Post by thrydwolf » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Nubbsolo wrote:Also i think it'd be pretty cool to be able to modify conquest points rewarded per kill.. I havent found a way to do that yet..
Conquest Multiplier has been included in version 3 (see first post). Thanks!

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Alright, first off, very nice selection of configurations!

Now some things to fix:
Don't change the default behaviors of existing settings away from retail behavior (you changed the REGIME_WAIT and LOW_LEVEL_REGIME options from their defaults).
When using an OR ( || ) condition with a setting, check the config setting first, and then test with the existing logic. This way the normal logic doesn't even need to be used in case the setting is activated. This doesn't matter with AND or XOR conditions as all paths have to be executed to decide the result.

As far as the drop rate modifier goes, I'm not convinced that a static modifier is a good way to handle it...though I'm not really sure a multiplier would be any better. I don't think we still have the issue of multiple drops when the rate goes over 100 but you are guaranteeing drops that are not normally guaranteed with this method. I think overall the best option would be a curved modifier that has a greater effect on very low drop rates and diminishes as you get closer to 100.

thrydwolf

Post by thrydwolf » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Great feedback bluekirby0! I am super new to C++ so I appreciate the feedback. I will try to fix it up. Thanks!

razielkane

Post by razielkane » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:16 pm

is this still working with the newest updates?

mvd1987

Post by mvd1987 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:41 am

yes it is.

im at rev 2003 now and its working perfect for so far we have tested everything :)
Owner/GMLeader mvd1987/michaelvandun Fantasy World International Server