Ethereal Earring (Covert Damage to MP)

angryundead

Ethereal Earring (Covert Damage to MP)

Post by angryundead » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:40 pm

I've been looking into doing some simple modifications to CORE in hopes of getting various Spikes effects and Reprisal to work. In the process of this I came across some of the item sets that reduce physical damage and overall damage. I decided that the best place to get my feet wet would be adding an item mod that converts damage to MP as on the Ethereal Earring.

I've attached the patch that I was testing but... things did not go as planned. So I added logging. Still.. nothing different.

I'm a Java (Enterprise) programmer by trade. I have no real idea what I'm doing here and don't want to just start voodooing it up.

Any help would be appreciated. (Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but not sure where patches-in-development should go, exactly.) Patch is against r2013 for reference.
Attachments
mod_convert_damage_to_mp.svn.r3.patch
modification patch
(4.99 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

diatanato
Developer

Re: Ethereal Earring (Covert Damage to MP)

Post by diatanato » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:44 am

Code: Select all

MOD_BP_DELAY = 0x165,  //stores blood pact delay reduction

angryundead

Re: Ethereal Earring (Covert Damage to MP)

Post by angryundead » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:38 am

diatanato wrote:...
Ah, so I was under the mistaken impression that the mod codes were in some sort of order, instead of just being logically grouped. I see.

That makes the maximum definition make more sense then. Thanks! I'll look at fixing it and resubmit the patch.