+Skill & Sambas Patch

Amant

+Skill & Sambas Patch

Post by Amant » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:49 am

Spectre and I put a little combined effort together to create this patch. Works for rev. 2099 just compiled with it. Not sure if its of any use but thought I'd throw it out there and see ;)

Tested and fixes most of the +Skill problems. Threw in Sambas too. Probably needs a little more correcting but its a good start.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99116312/Skill ... 282%29.zip

.. and if anyone gets a free chance, please check this exploit out. It's a simple fix by changing uint16 to int16. http://bugs.dspt.info/show_bug.cgi?id=346

Thank You,

link
Developer

Re: +Skill & Sambas Patch

Post by link » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:52 am

Very cool, ill check it when I get some time. Thanks.

Amant

Post by Amant » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks link for taking a look.

Seems some misc. code made it in there for scaling attack power. You can easily delete that out :shock:

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Will take a look and report back if I find any bugs. I can think of a few that impact other dances :)

Edit:
Well, the recast bug doesn't impact it (you can spam waltzes infinitely via text commands.) I thought I might catch you on that one.

Bug #1: You did not include the /abilities scripts. :V "The scripting shall be left as an exercise to the tester" you say? Your grade is 45%, I made some syntax errors.

Will edit with more once I've cobbled together some scripts.

Final:
Hmm, I get the feeling all you did was animate them for this patch. I'll stop now.

Edit 2: test -> text
Last edited by PrBlahBlahtson on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amant

Post by Amant » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:57 am

Thanks for taking a look. I appreciate it ^^

Sorry I scored so poorly lol It was an attempt at doing two things at once. I am going to separate out the changes and clip the code so it is easier to read through. One piece at a time i guess?

Could you elaborate on the recast bug and other things you see? I thought Link had hard-coded in the animation ids into the action packet? (Which was awesome as hell!)

This is the code to make Sambas function. I used the handleEnspell that is called for additional weapon effects. So far it has been working nicely between a full party. The Daze effect is checked for that mob so, its probably going to extend the drain to anyone in the alliance. Right now it applies the daze to the mob and completes the action packet for a HP drain. I used the formulas for delay from FFXIclopedia and implemented a random for the drain amount. One downside is that checking/removing the daze effect when applying a new one on the next hit causes spam in the chat log. All three sambas have a MOD_ENSPELL of 19, 20, and 21 for scripting. I agree it does need more work and I will accept a 45% on it for now ;)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99116312/Sambas.zip

Spectre did the kick-ass, awesome work on the +skill changes. It will correctly update the skills menu and add values to blue caps as well. I have mostly tested with torques but it definitely worked for the +7 skill items. Just cleaned up a couple errors with curly braces and whitespace. Only issue after changing accuracy is that I seem to miss with weaponskills almost constantly. Here are the notes he sent me:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99116312/Plus_Skills.zip

Code: Select all

Info: patch created from revision 2015.
What does this change:

ATTACK & COMBAT SKILLS 
1) Attack Power was calculated with an unique formula for both 1-handed and 2-handed weapons. Now 1-handed weapons have their ATT scaling with STR/2, while 2-handed ones now scales with 3/4STR. (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Attack). Moreover attack power now takes into account +skill coming from Gears.

2a) Modified Accuracy formula. Now, as on retail, 1-handed weapons have their accuracy modified by DEX/2, instead 2-handed weapons by 3/4DEX. Moreover accuracy now takes into account +skill coming from Gears.
2b) The new formula fixes a bug too. Now accuracy depends on the skill a character has with the weapon is wielding (so if you have A+ in main-hand and  C in off-hand, off-hand will have lower accuracy, exactly like retail). Before this fix off-hand accuracy was equal to the main weapon one.

3) Modified Evasion Formula. Now takes into account +skill coming from Gears.

4) With this Fix all the Character Skills found in the respective Menus will be updated accordingly. (+Skill Gears are fully working from now)

5) The check command now is more retail like. Now It estimates mob evasion and defense. (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Check)

6) Modified Evasion Bonus Trait. it was giving Ranged Defence(was set to MOD_RDEF=0x45=69). Now it gives evasion+ (MOD_EVA=0x44=68).
--- 	
Shield, Guarding and Parry where already working.
--- 	
Most of the "Magical" Skills are already working. They are calculated correctly into the ".lua" spell files //
I found some spells that where missing the +skill mods from their maths and fixed them. If I should find other spells not calculating the +skill (or if anybody should make a report about it), I will submit the proper fix. 
---     
This does not modify Crafting +Skills. They should still be broken. (Since I haven't crafted much on retail I still don't know some mechanics. Fixing +Craft Skills may modify the way "Craft Difficulties" is calculated and therefore the "skillups rate").

PS:
From now on use GetSkill(SkillID) to get Char base Skill, GetTotalSkill(SkillID) to get the "base Skill + Mods".
Bah, I seemed to have clipped a portion of the retail-like check system he sent me >.<

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:38 pm

The recast bug? Not sure what causes (caused?) it. You couldn't spam via the menu, but you could /ja curing waltz <me> and spam the waltzes to your heart's content. I think it was completely fixed when I tested last night.

Edit: Yep, just retested. All fixed now. Probably link's doing.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks, but DNC isn't unlockable yet!
-- Whasf

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:20 pm

I was working on that, until I found out WotG areas are kind of a mess. Not the sort of place you want to open to the public yet :)

link
Developer

Post by link » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:43 am

Very cool stuff^^

Im a bit confused on the paramenters:

enchanceSkill = caster:getSkillLevel(34) + caster:getMod(79 + 34);
Should just write:

enchanceSkill = caster:getSkillLevel(34) + caster:getMod(MOD_ENHANCE);
Am I missing something?

Amant

Post by Amant » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:29 am

I understand Whasf ^^ Not a big deal. Thanks for taking a gander. Figure it can sit on these forums till time comes ;) I've been learning a lot from this project and I am glad to see it grow in any way!

Wish I could get a hold of Spectre; he's a pretty busy guy. He could probably elaborate further.

Link, I think it might work both ways? Cause 79 + 34 = 113 and MOD_ENHANCE is 0x71 = 113 as well? I guess;
I do understand what you're saying though. Using MOD_ENHANCE would be much easier.

EDIT: On second thought, >79 starts the skills with weapons (80) and goes up to MOD_RIDING at 137 so... Maybe he was using 79 like an offset? :idea: