A few questions

Kalmado

A few questions

Post by Kalmado » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Hello. I don't know anything regarding how to make a server work, but am curious regarding a few things. If there is any info on the following such as fixes, updates, etc I'd like to take it to my GMs and see if we could get it implemented into our server.

Modifiers: I have been told by the player base and GMs that stacking WS modifiers (say STR for Sam WS) does nothing and the only way to increase WS damage is to stack Attack.

Mob Pets: Currently there are not any Bst mob pets that spawn. Is this permanent?

Aggro: Gigas in Tavnazia area seem to be True Sight. Wivres in Bhaflau Thickets aggro from low HP. When pulling Sight mobs (beetles, Yagudo) they will link regardless.

Store TP: Does not seem to work at all.

Thank you for reading this. I look forward to any suggestions or help.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: A few questions

Post by kjLotus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:24 am

Kalmado wrote:Modifiers: I have been told by the player base and GMs that stacking WS modifiers (say STR for Sam WS) does nothing and the only way to increase WS damage is to stack Attack.
wrong
Kalmado wrote:Store TP: Does not seem to work at all.
also wrong
Kalmado wrote:When pulling Sight mobs (beetles, Yagudo) they will link regardless.
true, link is done by radius (aka sound) because nobody bothered to fix it yet

as for the other questions, not sure. bhaflau thickets i wouldn't worry about since we don't really focus on toau yet, so stuff there is very likely not right

Kalmado

Post by Kalmado » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 am

I have tested store tp to death and it 110% does not work. Maybe it's just our server then? A friend and I were testing before and after merits, different gear, etc. Before merits we had what should have been more than enough for a 6 hit and it never was achieved. After 5/5 stp merits, we were down to a 4-hit which *should* be impossible.

As far as the modifiers, I attempted testing before. At one point, our WS's (no matter gear, mob, etc) capped around 1k dmg(which you'd see once in a blue moon). Then it was raised and it seemed to be working properly. I ran a short test or around 50 WS's in TP, WS, and naked. You saw the clear winner with using all proper WS gear. It was then changed back. Highest WS I've seen recently is around 1500 from a Sam with everything you can get. Again, is this an issue that lies within the server I play on?

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Kalmado wrote: Again, is this an issue that lies within the server I play on?
what server is this?

Kalmado

Post by Kalmado » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:03 pm

kjLotus wrote:
what server is this?
Sinister Skies

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Kalmado wrote:
kjLotus wrote:
what server is this?
Sinister Skies
what revision is it on? if you know

that store TP merit thing i fixed a long time ago

Kalmado

Post by Kalmado » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Does R238 sound familiar? To be candid, I'm not familiar with coding and the likes. I do my best to provide in game testing for our GMs/coders. As far as sTP, the testing we did was around 5 weeks ago. I had taken a break since then, but upon my return I'm told sTP still does not work correctly. We use FfxiCalculator for sTP and double check on paper if needed. I haven't hopped on Sam since I've been back, but either today or tomorrow I'll try and retest sTP and also WS modifiers.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Kalmado wrote:Does R238 sound familiar? To be candid, I'm not familiar with coding and the likes. I do my best to provide in game testing for our GMs/coders. As far as sTP, the testing we did was around 5 weeks ago. I had taken a break since then, but upon my return I'm told sTP still does not work correctly. We use FfxiCalculator for sTP and double check on paper if needed. I haven't hopped on Sam since I've been back, but either today or tomorrow I'll try and retest sTP and also WS modifiers.
i assume somewhere around 2338, then, since 238 is very very old :p I fixed store TP merits in 2423, almost a month ago

from what i remember, sinister skies didn't update past that because of the december 6th client update, which changed a bunch of packet stuff and .dat lists, due to conflicting with whatever they added. not 100% on that, because i don't know anything about sinister skies

not really sure what to tell you, though. if what i think about the revisions is true, sinister skies is so far behind that there's no way for you to know if a bug you find is fixed already or not (as is the case with store TP and wsc)

Kalmado

Post by Kalmado » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Gotcha. I understand things on our servers aren't going to be 100% correct and that's ok! I'm very thankful to play for free and the community is much much better. Recently we had some GM's leave so I'm sure that's thrown some wrenches towards the current GMs. We of course do not know everything they're working on and since they are not getting paid to do this I understand nothing is (or should be) a huge priority if it disrupts a persons day to day activities. If there is anything we're missing with updates and I can help I'd like to try. I'll reply when I have more information.

whitevamp

Post by whitevamp » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 pm

ill just through this out there, SS has its own rev numbering system and dose not correspond to DSP rev numbering, and yes the server hasn't been merged in with DSP since about DSP rev 2270.