Come play FFXI The way it used to be

For discussions on the public old-school server
Flunklesnarkin

Re: Come play FFXI The way it used to be

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Got the game working again with ffxi-boot ^^

I think I realized what I was doing wrong before after I updated from Ver_2.

I'll try to get ashiita working at some point but It's still spazzing out on me.

If anybody needs help with doing the level 50 limit break or getting sub jobs let me know and I can help out. I'd like to get up to level 60 or so and try some new areas out ^^

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:37 am

Try the updated Ashita package I put up.

diogee

Post by diogee » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:41 am

stopped in for a few but need to do some updates (pol updater is freezing each time I run it too) so might have to do a fresh install... anyways might be a little bit before you see me

Eliseus

Post by Eliseus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 pm

so im confused how to connect to old school server with ashita, anyone have link or something to better guide me

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Guide:
http://kile.dyndns.info:8765/index.php? ... our_Client

Temporary place to grab the full Ashita package while ffevo is down:
http://kile.dyndns.info:8765/bak/Ashita ... r_Full.zip

Eliseus

Post by Eliseus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Thank you blue, that new download of ashita helped a lot.

I'm having a blast here, too bad I have to go out of town for a week ><, I just love how I value my gear and gilz a little more over here lol. I mean I'm only lvl 10 so far though. The official test server is fun, a lot of cool people there, but really am enjoying the old school having to farm your stuff

Flunklesnarkin

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18 am

I've been away for a few months because I've been traveling for work and it appears there will be no end in sight to the amount of travel I will be doing.

I might buy a new laptop in a few months so I can play games on it but I really hope you guys continue on with this project. FFXI was my favorite mmo and I would like to play a polished semi classic version of the game again at some point.

I'll have to figure out if you can even play games at a decent ping on wifi first.

I'm glad to see the classic server is still coming along and reading the change log it looks like the server will be completed at some point in the future. Keep up the good work :D

Irako

Post by Irako » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:22 pm

I just recently started playing on the oldschool server, and I want to thank all the devs and everyone involved in making this project possible. I want to give my support in any way possible--but since I know nothing about coding I figure the most I can do right now is play in the official servers, report bugs, and hope to see the population grow.

Having said all that, just a few questions:

Is there a community linkshell? If so, who would I speak with to get a pearl?
Is dual boxing accepted? I have an alt I've been dualing but both characters are so broke I'm starting to wonder if its really worth it without a true, full economy.

I quit retail back before I experienced any true endgame content so I'm looking forward to be able to play what presently works and having a blast with you all.

Thanks in advance!

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Irako wrote:I just recently started playing on the oldschool server, and I want to thank all the devs and everyone involved in making this project possible. I want to give my support in any way possible--but since I know nothing about coding I figure the most I can do right now is play in the official servers, report bugs, and hope to see the population grow.

Having said all that, just a few questions:

Is there a community linkshell? If so, who would I speak with to get a pearl?
Is dual boxing accepted? I have an alt I've been dualing but both characters are so broke I'm starting to wonder if its really worth it without a true, full economy.

I quit retail back before I experienced any true endgame content so I'm looking forward to be able to play what presently works and having a blast with you all.

Thanks in advance!
1 - yes, i think i have a pearlsack - if i don't apocalypse612 is a dick (and he at least has one)
2 - yes, apocalypse612 like.. quad boxes or something

you can always help by testing anything new you see - most people are content to just play and ignore bugs (which doesn't help me >_>)
you can find out the new things either on https://code.google.com/p/onetimexi/source/list or chatting in our irc channel

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Server is great, forum just isn't very active

if your viewing this , log in and join us !