Movement Speed?

For discussions on the public old-school server
Arken

Movement Speed?

Post by Arken » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 am

The movement speed appears to be faster than retail on the classic server, I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or an intentional server choice.

There was no buff from the explorer moogle (or if there was it wasn't announced and there is no icon for it) and this was tested with a few different people all of whom weren't using any speed enhancing traits.

Any information people can provide would be most appreciated, it's not a huge deal but I thought it best to ask.

Flunklesnarkin

Re: Movement Speed?

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:39 pm

The movement speed is for sure faster than it was on retail.

Some stuff can still catch you when you try to run though (like raptors and tigers)

I wouldn't mind if they turned off the increased movement speed, but it does make running through and testing quests a lot easier.

iamnotalolicon

Re: Movement Speed?

Post by iamnotalolicon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Isn't that what the test server is for? I'd quite like classic movement speed too. It's a bit petty but the closer it is to retail the happier I'd be - that's what drew me here. It'd be nice if they turned it off.
Also, irrelevant but may as well mention - when I connect to the classic server the MOTD says "welcome to the darkstar oldschool test server"... is that something wrong my end or is it just something that hasn't been changed yet? I'm definitely connected to classic, not test.