A couple questions

For discussions on the public old-school server
Eliseus

A couple questions

Post by Eliseus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:34 pm

With CoP being worked on etc... I've been debating jumping in on this server from the test server and have a couple questions.

Are FoV enabled (I assume no since this is 1999 but figured I'd ask)
Will CoP be enabled on this server or is it just Zilart?
Is 2boxing aloud on this server?

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: A couple questions

Post by bluekirby0 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:56 pm

The focus is Zilart, however FoV has been around for a while, CoP is already doable I think up to 4-2, and we have several multi-boxers.

Eliseus

Post by Eliseus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:14 pm

bluekirby0 wrote:The focus is Zilart, however FoV has been around for a while, CoP is already doable I think up to 4-2, and we have several multi-boxers.
Ok thanks man, the reason for the 2boxing question was it reminded me of "Project 1999" from EQemulator if anyone knows that, and they don't allow 2boxing lol, so rather be safe then sorry.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:50 pm

I also didn't notice this was on the old-school server section. Pretty sure FoV still works, but most of the people on this server tend to prefer roughing it.

elrim208

Post by elrim208 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Are there intentions to remove FOV if the population increases? I personally don't like that they remove the need for grouping (and in a sense the need for a community to feel connected). I understand with 6 people online at a given time, it is very difficult to justify removing it. However, I was wondering what a long-term plan was for them since this is a classic server and they are decidedly a non-classic element.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:36 pm

LONG term goals include a framework to effectively enable/disable large groups of content effectively, but we really need one complete group of content to define before it even makes sense to start on that. The only content we are even CLOSE to finished with is the original pre-zilart content. There are only some basic job features missing as far as I know. Nobody in NA actually played pre-zilart though unless they imported.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:06 am

If I remember right, FoV can already be turned off in settings.lua. Change a 1 to a 0, restart the server, the manuals are never placed. I don't know that it cancels any current pages though, and they auto-repeat.